+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any other no-pooers (no shampoo)??

Just curious if there are any members on the hub that have ditched using commercial shampoo? I've been going 5 months now and I couldn't be happier. No toxic chemicals on my scalp and less washes in a week.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app
    Last edited by Fiery; 07-01-2015 at 12:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not me but I'd be interested in a run down of what you do and what you use

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (28-01-2014),siennasyummymummyxxx  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd *love* to try this. I've read about it but haven't taken the plunge yet. I shamPOO my hair twice a week; I used to do it every day!

Did you go through a 'yukky' phase? If so, how long did it last? What do you use now? Apple cider/Bicarb?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'd love to do this. I shampoo every day as my hair is so oily.

I tried to do it once. Went about a week but my hair was so oily to the point that it looked like it was soaking wet or maybe more like I'd poured a bottle of oil on my head?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had fallen in the trap of washing my hair daily and it's something I hate doing. I had a rough start though with a transition of about 9 weeks BUT I started my no-poo journey using honey and water. During 9 weeks the honey was cleaning my hair but the oil wasn't adjusting so I then went to using bi-carb soda. In the transition period dry shampoo was my friend (cocoa and cornflour). The bicarb worked a treat and for the first time in weeks my hair looked amazing. I don't use apple cider vinegar as my hair is so oily it doesn't need it. I now only have to wash my hair every 4 days.
    It's a trial and error for everyone. You may have no transition or you may have 2-4 weeks. If I find my scalp is drying out slightly I put a couple of drops of jojoba oil into my bicarb mix.
    I bought a sauce bottle from big w and use 2 T bicarb and 2 cups warm water. You may need less depending ok your hair type.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiery For This Useful Post:

callmedragon22  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Do you colour your hair Fiery?

I only ask because I've always wondered if this no-shampoo thing works for people who have had stuff done to their hair. I use shampoo, conditioner and various treatments because I've bleached my naturally very-dark hair... so my hair is not only damaged, but it'll go brassy if I don't...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I shampoo 2-3 times a week and if I feel the need to freshen it a little I will wash with Wen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Do you colour your hair Fiery?

I only ask because I've always wondered if this no-shampoo thing works for people who have had stuff done to their hair. I use shampoo, conditioner and various treatments because I've bleached my naturally very-dark hair... so my hair is not only damaged, but it'll go brassy if I don't...
    No I don't. I have auburn red hair so no need to colour it. I'm not sure how it'd go for someone who regularly colours though?!?
    Last edited by Fiery; 28-01-2014 at 11:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I was using bi-carb when I tried to go no-poo. Do you reckon cornflour would work for my naturally over the top oily hair?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing it ATM. I start all the time, get about 12 days in, then I HAVE to wash it with shampoo and conditioner.

This time I'm determined. I let my hair get wet in the shower every morning, then comb it and put it in a bun.

My biggest hair problem is dandruff. I've had it my whole life. For the last about 8 years I've been using head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner. If I stop, dandruff comes back. So I really want my hair and scalp to find their own balance, stop putting chemicals in my hair.

I'm going to buy apple cider vinegar this week and try that with the bicarb.