+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Internet cheapie vs. Chemist test

Hi ladies just wondering which do you prefer and think is more accurate?

I did a test last night IC came in with a positive, but did a 1st Response this morning and it was negative.....

I only had 1 ic left....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is off the top of my head, researching reputable sources seems like too much effort at the moment, BUT

I'm pretty sure that the cost of tests has nothing to do with how accurate they are. Some are more sensitive than others... hence some will pick up a pregnancy earlier (lower HCG levels). False positives, as a rule, don't happen. So most likely, the ic was more sensitive than the chemist one, so it has picked up a pregnancy where the other hasn't.

Congrats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've done a million while doing Ivf and I find the ICs not worth it, only ever used FRER.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Frers are definitely more reliable. I got my pos on an ic at 11dpo but confirmed it the next day with a frer. Give it a few days then test again with a frer. Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my BFP at about 14dpo on an IC and confirmed with a FRER. The FRER was much darker and showed straight away whereas the IC took a couple of minutes but the line was def colored and obvious.
    I've never had a false positive on either.
    I think that if you test alot ICs are the way to go as they are far less expensive, but I couldn't trust them 100%.
    Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I got a line on an ic that I had to squint to see. Bought an frer that arvo and the line was really dark so yep for me frer is much more reliable.