+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy and Sleep Issues

Hi,
    I a currently studying t become a maternity and child sleep consultant and am researching sleep issues during pregnancy. Are you having problems sleeping?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had lots of problems sleeping when I was pregnant with DS1. I would usually get to sleep ok, but in the last trimester i would wake early morning and be awake for hours. and then i might have another hour sleep. I remember 4 hours straight sleep was amazing! Closer to the end, I couldn't get to sleep for ages- and then I would wake again. The only way i could get back to sleep was to get up and lie on the lounge and watch TV! so so frustrating! It made having a newborn much easier- more sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep! I have just started the second trimester and am tossing and turning in the night because I can't seem to get comfortable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im 11 + 6 & im having trouble sleeping. Can this affect the pregnancy at all? I cant wait for my scan nect week!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes!! No idea why. I'm not having comfort issues either. I am 25 weeks currently. I was up at 5 am this morning no idea why. It's not the baby kicking and I have an anterior placenta so I don't feel painful kicks or anything like that. Other times I seem to wake around 2-3 am, and I'm up for around an hour before I can get back to sleep. It's weird..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have mild insomnia so I don't get much sleep anyway but with this pregnancy I'm up every 1 1/2hrs, usually around 1230 and 230 then I wake up again at 400 and can't get back to sleep at all. I can't go to bed before 1030 otherwise I'll be wide awake at 230. It also doesn't help that I was recently diagnosed with SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dyfunction) which is causing me to have to painfully change positions as after an hr on one side that hip will start to go numb and therefore cause sciatic nerve pains and leg cramps. I try and get naps through the day to try and make up for the sleepless nights but its the same, can't lay on one side for more than an hr without waking and rolling over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, even I had problems in sleeping.My midwife said not to sleep straight on my back because the uterus is heavy enough to cut off circulation to your legs and the baby. She also said that any slight angle would keep that from happening, so I wedge a little pillow under one side of my lower back when I sleep. Also I read an article on tips to sleeping which I found to be beneficial .Sharing with you as well hoping it will help you too. Here it is http://www.tinylove.com/pregnancy/be...-nights-sleep/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well it's currently 3.20am here and I'm on BH lol, so it's a yes from me! I tend to wake early morning and not be able to get back to sleep for a few hours. It's super annoying

I'm almost 35 weeks.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm 32 weeks and found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks. I haven't slept a night since I found out I was pregnant. First I'm sure it was anxiety about the pregnancy and everything going ok. Then a couple of weeks later, my legs and feet were twitchy and restless and that hasn't stopped.
    I fall asleep easily but I'm awake an hour later and then fall asleep and then awake an hour later again and so on it goes. On really bad nights, I'm only asleep for 20-30 minutes and then awake again.
    Sometimes there's no reason for waking up. I'm comfortable, no restless leg or anything else