+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi all... thought id step my foot in here and say hi.

after being engaged for 6 years and together for 7 we are finally tying the knot in August this year... its been an interesting journey to get to the this point... but we have pretty much everything under control now...

just afew small hiccups to deal... (df needs to find his wedding band)....

i have a few questions though....

1. when organising the seating plan for the reception (for those that had one) did you as the couple decide where people sat? or the brides parents if they are paying??? my mum has started dictating where she wants people to sit etc... and im beginning to get very frustrated by it all!!! (most of the guests are family and her friends... they are paying for a majority of the wedding... between my fiance and i, i think we have 20 guests of our own (not even)

2. 1 of my bridesmaids has come into financial problems... and now is unsure if she can the remaining amount owing on the dress... (i've already payed half of her dress ad contributed $100 towards the other 2 bm's.... but we are very strapped for cash now and are scraping together every cent we have to pay for the rest of our wedding... i dont know if i can pay the remainder of the money she owes on the dress... and she doesnt either... i dont want her to miss out as she is my best friend and matron of honour... i want her to be in my wedding party but i feel like im in a rock and a hard place... any suggestions???

and number 3.
    if you had guests with SEVERE allergies to food etc and they wanted to attend the wedding but bring their own meal... do you think you should still have to pay full price at the venue for them?

sorry to bombared everyone.

hope everyone elses plans are coming along nicely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emi... Wow the countdown is on for you!

How did your DF manage to misplace his wedding band? LOL

Hope these help....
    1. Im not having a sit down wedding, but I would think that the B&G decide. Friends of ours got married recently and the Grooms father got a bit upity that he wasnt on the same table as his cousin. Both parents contributed to the wedding though. At the end of the day, you only sit for speeches and to eat then everyone mingles anyway.

2. I would try everything in my power to pay for her dress and have her there, but if you guys are super strapped, you cant really pull money from the tree can you? I'd just be really open with her about it and come to a plan together to make sure she gets there.

3. Have you spoken to the venue about this? Are they wanting to charge you full price? Can you come to an agreement to charge them as a 'child' where children dont actually get charged a less per head amount than adults?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been lurking in this thread and now I can finally join in the chat - yay!

so DF and I are getting married on Friday 27 March 2015.

we have been together for roughly 5 years and have two daughters. we have been talking about getting married for years but now we're in a good financial position to actually do it.

So far we have booked the ceremony - we are getting married at the registry office (we are the sort of people that don't like the attention on us, we just want to go in, sign the paper and then eat, drink and be merry with our loved ones) we checked out the registry office a few weeks ago and it is perfect for us, and we met the man that is going to marry us and we think he's awesome. The service is at 4pm so we can go straight to dinner afterwards.a

I haven't got a ring yet, DF is having it designed and manufactured so it's all a big surprise for me.

i have picked my dress which I will get made, it's a below knee length with sleeves and it's off the shoulder, very vintage looking. I have purchased two pairs of shoes from Modcloth, a pair of red wedges and red flats (flats are for the after party) and I am wearing a red headpiece as well, my mum and MIL both wore headpieces on their wedding days so it's a little nod to them.

we plan on having our reception at a restaurant called Stella which is near where we used to live so it is very special to us. It's right on the beach so it has a beautiful view. They have a private dining room which holds the exact amount of people we'll be having.

i have photos of all this stuff but I have no idea how to attach them, I hope to attach them soon!

I look forward to seeing everybody else's plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pushie Parent For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (19-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushie Parent View Post
    I've been lurking in this thread and now I can finally join in the chat - yay!

so DF and I are getting married on Friday 27 March 2015.

we have been together for roughly 5 years and have two daughters. we have been talking about getting married for years but now we're in a good financial position to actually do it.

So far we have booked the ceremony - we are getting married at the registry office (we are the sort of people that don't like the attention on us, we just want to go in, sign the paper and then eat, drink and be merry with our loved ones) we checked out the registry office a few weeks ago and it is perfect for us, and we met the man that is going to marry us and we think he's awesome. The service is at 4pm so we can go straight to dinner afterwards.a

I haven't got a ring yet, DF is having it designed and manufactured so it's all a big surprise for me.

i have picked my dress which I will get made, it's a below knee length with sleeves and it's off the shoulder, very vintage looking. I have purchased two pairs of shoes from Modcloth, a pair of red wedges and red flats (flats are for the after party) and I am wearing a red headpiece as well, my mum and MIL both wore headpieces on their wedding days so it's a little nod to them.

we plan on having our reception at a restaurant called Stella which is near where we used to live so it is very special to us. It's right on the beach so it has a beautiful view. They have a private dining room which holds the exact amount of people we'll be having.

i have photos of all this stuff but I have no idea how to attach them, I hope to attach them soon!

I look forward to seeing everybody else's plans
    Sounds amazing, congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm jumping on the train a little early (dp and I aren't engaged yet, although he says it's just around the corner ) but have roughly set a date for when we will get married. April 2016. A loooong way away yet but I'm excited.

We have been together 8 years and have 2 sons. Haven't got married sooner as we wanted kids and financially haven't been able to afford it. But I don't want to wait any more so it's happening.

We will have something small, maybe 30-40 people. I'm thinking an enchanted theme, outdoors under some gorgeous trees. Ceremony at dusk.

This is some of my inspiration
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1405826925.173002.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1405826976.553604.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1405827031.628322.jpg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twolittlemunchkins For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I bought a dress today!! It was at a sale and I have to get it taken in. I can't believe I have a dress now.

I tried on so many and really liked 3 of them.. one was very princessy and gorgeous and the one I bought has lace overlay on it which I thought would suit the kind of wedding I want better.

"Insert witty signature here"

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (07-08-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (03-08-2014),twolittlemunchkins  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    I bought a dress today!! It was at a sale and I have to get it taken in. I can't believe I have a dress now.

I tried on so many and really liked 3 of them.. one was very princessy and gorgeous and the one I bought has lace overlay on it which I thought would suit the kind of wedding I want better.

"Insert witty signature here"
    Sounds exciting. I bet you looked stunning.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lese82 For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (03-08-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So DF and I are getting married.
    We've talked about it and we're both low key people. I also dont want to go into debt for 10 years paying for it. We're paying for it ourselves with no contribution from parents. Not that we expect it at all! Paying means we don't have to do anything anyone else wants and we don't have to invite anyone just because parents want us to!
    I have my heart set on a morning wedding with brunch reception. Think pastries, stacks of fresh seasonal fruit, pancakes, hot brekkie, fresh coffee, champagne, mimosas and heaps cheaper because people don't drink as much and the whole thing will be over by early afternoon so we can start our married life together before we 're too tired to enjoy it! Also less formal. I'm planning a tea length dress and DF doesn't want to wear a jacket or tie so he doesn't have to! And the main reason - we love going out for brekkie more than any other meal!

I have 3 options so far that id like thoughts on. Especially in light of a 10 or 1030am ceremony.

-registry office in the CBD (beautiful old treasury building) followed by brunch at the Windsor hotel across the road - 2 hours from home. Up to 4 hours driving for some family with small children. We would of course stay the night before.

- gorgeous winery and garden we love. 4 hours from home. No public transport so people have to drive. But an hour closer for the family with small children

- plain old outside wedding at home town followed by brunch in a local restaurant - still 3 hours for family with small kids but family are closer so they could stay with them the night before.

Are we being a bit rude planning a wedding that means guests will have to get accommodation since it would be too early a start if they traveled on the morning of the wedding?
    Are we being cheap only offering a brunch reception after guests have travelled all that way?
    Since neither of us like dancing , and it's morning, do we still need a band and dancing? Or is there some other wedding activity you do at brunch? One website suggested play games but it sounds a bit odd to me! What kind of games?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi firsttimemum. Congratulations. I got married just over a month ago. There were 10 guests. ( including us ) at a local cafe ( my place of work actually ) at 10am. It was fantastic. No stress no fuss. We only invited our parents and had our 3 kids there.

I like all three of your ideas but chose the one that suits you best don't worry. About travelling time for others it's your day!

We had coffee and cake no booze at all. Few savoury items. It was done and dusted by 11 and we were off on our honeymoon.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lese82 For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    my sister got married on Sunday! for everyone, it was at least a 2 hour drive and/or an overnight stay. quite a few were international or interstate guests

anyone who wants to be there, will be there no matter what. plan your wedding however you wish

16. The Following User Says Thank You to zooey For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-10-2014)