+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Congratulations @Busy-Bee!!

Did everything (aside from the dress) go to plan?

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Yes - it all went well.

Well, other than my brother being his usual f-head disappointing **** selfish pr1ck and leaving the reception to watch a stupid game of kicky-ball but we won't talk about that.

The food was delicious, the location was outstanding. Unfortunately we aren't having a honeymoon though so there's rather an anti-climax.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (23-06-2014),ChickyBee  (22-06-2014),ClearCrystal  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad everything went well BB (apart from your brother).

We got home last night from our honeymoon and back to reality of work for us both tomorrow. DH will be away for 3 weeks.

Yes the dress is all good and well while you're standing but definitely try sitting.

I was really lucky I could take myself to the bath room in mine.

How's everyone's plans coming along any updates?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh wow! Congratulations. Thats a good tip about the dress! I wouldnt have thought about that! Glad you had a lovely day/night regardless of your brother.

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are only 9.5 weeks away... Lots to do!

Still need to get shoes for me, clothes for DF, clothes for the kids, a ring

We are doing a few DIY decoration sort of things, so need to get moving on that!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eco Goddess For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (25-06-2014),ClearCrystal  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eco Goddess View Post

We are doing a few DIY decoration sort of things, so need to get moving on that!
    How exciting!! All the little things really add up to lots of things dont they? I often think 'oh am I doing this too early? Its not until November' but then i'll be a stress head if I left it all until the last minute!

Do you keep all the wedding details/decorations/ideas to yourself or have you shared them with friends? Im finding it really hard to not get excited and tell my friends what i've ordered/bought/am getting/am doing. I feel like I want them to walk in and see it all themselves on the day but then again I want to share the excitement now too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eco Goddess View Post

Look for a ring ASAP! We went looking with 8 weeks to go and kept being told 'it should arrive in 6-8 weeks'. Went to 5 different places before we got a smaller wait time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (25-06-2014)

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only want a plain gold band (by engagement ring is pretty big) and don't want to spend much at all, so hoping it will be easy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well after 5 years engage we finally set out date for the 29th august this year! Have booked celebrant. We are having quite a small wedding. Our parents and kids and us. We decided on the cafe I work at for ceremony/ reception coffee and cake which is pretty much us. No fuss. No cake. No dresses as such ( although df wants us to dress up nice) family friend for photos. And that's it. Can't wait. Oh followed by a few days at the Gold Coast just the 2 of us

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lese82 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lese82 View Post
    Well after 5 years engage we finally set out date for the 29th august this year! Have booked celebrant. We are having quite a small wedding. Our parents and kids and us. We decided on the cafe I work at for ceremony/ reception coffee and cake which is pretty much us. No fuss. No cake. No dresses as such ( although df wants us to dress up nice) family friend for photos. And that's it. Can't wait. Oh followed by a few days at the Gold Coast just the 2 of us
    WOW how exciting! Sounds like such a fun day for you all!!