+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies - can I pretty please join in on the thread. DP and I are getting married on the 1st of November.... we only decided 2 weeks ago!! We've also just bought 32acres of land and our new house is starting this week. Lets just say that my 'theme' is Chic-Cheap!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found this thread, can I join too? Df and I have a date set for April 18 next year back in our hometown in NZ. Planning from over here is making ot that much harder
    Sent from my LT29i using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to criddle13 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (12-06-2014)

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    Hi Ladies - can I pretty please join in on the thread. DP and I are getting married on the 1st of November.... we only decided 2 weeks ago!! We've also just bought 32acres of land and our new house is starting this week. Lets just say that my 'theme' is Chic-Cheap!
    That's our theme too!! Hahaha

We were the same and made a quick decision (about 16weeks) we now have only 12 weeks to go. I have bought a dress and we are meeting the celebrant this Sunday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eco Goddess View Post
    That's our theme too!! Hahaha

We were the same and made a quick decision (about 16weeks) we now have only 12 weeks to go. I have bought a dress and we are meeting the celebrant this Sunday!
    Oh YAY!! Wow .... 12 weeks doesnt sound too far away at all!!

I bought my dress the same week we set the date - $700 second hand off still white - bargain! This is it here http://www.stillwhite.com.au/18252-d...-brides-size-8 and I bought shoes this week too. Peeptoe brand second hand, not worn for $63. I also bought a whole bunch of real touch faux roses off ebay for $40 including post for our reception decorations - Am i still channelling "Cheap-Chic" or am I overstepping into "cheapskate-ville"? haha

We met our celebrant last week. Its a dude (DP chose him) and I actually know him through work. He's so funny and laid back with really suits our style.

We've booked our ceremony for Greenmount Homestead (near Walkerston, QLD) but we're undecided on whether to have the reception at a venue or to do it ourselves with a location and getting hire tables and caterer in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone recommend a wedding photographer for a tight budget in melbourne?

Ever since paying the deposit, ours have completely dropped communication to the point that 6 weeks out from the wedding we still can't pin them down to a time and date for a planning session! We were meant to have one this morning but got a last minute text message asking to reschedule and we've had enough.

EDIT: never mind, we found one!
    Last edited by ChickyBee; 15-06-2014 at 14:31.

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    Oh YAY!! Wow .... 12 weeks doesnt sound too far away at all!!

I bought my dress the same week we set the date - $700 second hand off still white - bargain! This is it here http://www.stillwhite.com.au/18252-d...-brides-size-8 and I bought shoes this week too. Peeptoe brand second hand, not worn for $63. I also bought a whole bunch of real touch faux roses off ebay for $40 including post for our reception decorations - Am i still channelling "Cheap-Chic" or am I overstepping into "cheapskate-ville"? haha

We met our celebrant last week. Its a dude (DP chose him) and I actually know him through work. He's so funny and laid back with really suits our style.

We've booked our ceremony for Greenmount Homestead (near Walkerston, QLD) but we're undecided on whether to have the reception at a venue or to do it ourselves with a location and getting hire tables and caterer in
    Definitely not cheapskate... I paid $80 for my dress!! Albeit it isnt a "wedding" dress as such. It is knee length and a bit hippie-ish. Haven't actually got much else yet. But we met with the celebrant and have that locked in. We are not having flowers or bridesmaids etc so I guess that makes it easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eco Goddess View Post
    Definitely not cheapskate... I paid $80 for my dress!! Albeit it isnt a "wedding" dress as such. It is knee length and a bit hippie-ish. Haven't actually got much else yet. But we met with the celebrant and have that locked in. We are not having flowers or bridesmaids etc so I guess that makes it easier
    Oh that makes me feel better. I've decided to only use babies breath as flowers so nothing too extravagant but still something for me to 'hold'. Wasnt too impressed when my sister spoke before she thought and called them a WEED though Oh well.

I booked the photographer yesterday. She has an addition on her package where she takes about 50 poleroid pics for us at our reception on top of professional camera pics. Im not going to have some twine hanging on our gift/guest table for her to hang them throughout the night.

I've done up a mock budget and gaawwwsh everything adds up soooo freaking quickly. Little bits here and there all eventually add up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you don't want baby breath after your sisters comment why not go with 1 or 2 calla Lilly long steamed. You don't have to tell a florist its for a wedding so it would be cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearCrystal View Post
    If you don't want baby breath after your sisters comment why not go with 1 or 2 calla Lilly long steamed. You don't have to tell a florist its for a wedding so it would be cheaper.
    I could do that.... but instead Im going to disregard what my sister said and get what i want anyway. She's the only one that has said it (to my face). She's being a bit of a MOH-zilla

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Um, we did it.
    Gorgeous day, a bit stressful though and a bit of an anti-climax now.

Note to future brides - when you test to see if your dress fits I would strongly suggest seeing if you can sit down, get in and out of cars and most importantly, (how can I put this politely), check if there is enough give in the lower part of the dress that you can 'powder your nose' without having to get undressed.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (23-06-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (22-06-2014)