+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I may even put nail polish on!!

Then again, naaaaa.
    Not unless it's clear.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (26-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We keep putting off getting married because something always comes up! (Getting pregnant, buying a house, not enough $$ etc)

I am torn, my heart wants a big fairy tale wedding but my brain wants a small cheap family wedding because I can't justify spending thousands on one day.

We've been together 4 years and engaged 4.5 years

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Ok so while I'm sitting here feeding dd (again!) ill quickly go through our thoughts so far:

Df wants to get married on Hamilton island. I hate beaches. My nana wouldn't be able to go, and my sister had three kids to pay for etc. there are just so many reasons not too. I don't want to flat out overrule him though, this will be his second marriage and a big step for him to even take in the first place. (Ex wife was very hurtful)
    We live in a beautiful tourist town with lovely scenery and excellent wedding locations. People regularly travel here for holidays, and yes, weddings. I say we take advantage if that is on our back doorstep.
    I want a small wedding- 50 guests. One bridesmaid and one groomsman and of course our children. Ceremony at the local aquatic reserve (free to book) and reception at one of the fabulous local restaurants where I took df for his birthday last year.
    I know he will eventually agree to whatever I want, I just have to sell it to him!

This is my engagement ring:
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1390730247.731237.jpg

And it was a part of a set so we already have my wedding band. All bought and paid for

My limit is $10k. Saying it like that it sounds like a lot, but in terms of weddings I know it's really small. Then again, df spent twice as much as that in cash last year having an engine built for his car... We're not rich, df just works really hard and takes any extra given to him, even if its a nightshift etc.

And dd's done so ill stop there

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

KimbaKat  (26-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddie View Post
    We keep putting off getting married because something always comes up! (Getting pregnant, buying a house, not enough $$ etc)

I am torn, my heart wants a big fairy tale wedding but my brain wants a small cheap family wedding because I can't justify spending thousands on one day.

We've been together 4 years and engaged 4.5 years
    I always thought that I didn't want the princess day until I actually started planning it. Turns out I did & now DF is making cracks about getting a second job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I just celebrated our 7 yr anniversary, but I just helped my best friend plan her wedding last year.
    DH and I planned our wedding in 3 months, and my best friend got married less than 3 months after her engagement, although, to be fair I started a wedding Pinterest page after her first date with her husband!
    There are so many awesome DIY ideas on Pinterest, but it depends how much time you have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nomsie, not sure if your DF has looked into prices for weddings on Hamilton Island as they are quite pricey. A friend had her wedding on Hamilton Island a few years back as she thought it would work out cheaper to have a small wedding there rather than a big wedding back home.

Turns out what she spent on her Hamilton Island wedding for just 12 guests was just as much as,what she would have spent on a wedding here that all her family and friends would have been able to attend. All guests paid for own flights, accom, etc but Hamilton Island is a very expensive destination. Not sure if it would fall in your planned budget.

Good luck! Wedding planning is so much fun

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 2giraffes For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (27-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We got married at Coral Sea Resort in Airlie in 2011. I can not fault them!

We were originally planning on an island wedding but it worked out a lot more expensive. We chose coral sea resort because it offered all the beautiful scenery of the whitsundays and islands but with the convenience of being on the main land. Guests got a discount on accommodation at the resort but a few chose to stay else where (many hired holiday homes and split the cost), but it was still all in walking distance to the wedding.

The staff were fantastic, bent over backwards to ensure we had a magical time (which we did). And everything was organised via email as we moved a few hours away not long after we got engaged.

Our whole wedding (including dress, photographer, our accommodation for 5 days etc) cost $20,000 but that was for 75 people attending the wedding and one of the more expensive meal and drink packages. I think the total cost for coral sea resort (including our accommodation for 5 days, all meals and drinks, wedding and reception etc) was around $15,000 to $16,000. Obviously less people it would cost less.

Me + he = dd1 (July 07), dd2 (July 10), dd3 (August 13), dd4 (due may 14)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will jump in. Planning a wedding for next 2 or 3 years and by the looks of it, it's going to be a destination wedding.

Homestly speaking I never thought of getting married, now I want a big wedding and will do anything to get that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    Anzac day this year?!?
    Yep! DFs family are all coming over from nz so we thought why not do it then. Stupid!!

Me + Him = Perfection born 05/11/12

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMG-20131231-WA0000.jpg

This is the dress im thinking. First time posting not sure it will work.

2013-12-24 17.10.13.jpg

Engagement ring