+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprisedmummy View Post
    Am I over reacting being a bit upset about all the woman in my partners family wearing black to my wedding?

Me + Him = Perfection born
    05/11/13
    I think in some cultures black is a celebratory colour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Am I over reacting being a bit upset about all the woman in my partners family wearing black to my wedding?

05/11/13
    I would see it as disrespectful. But I would try and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I recently got a request from a wedding guest to swap the plus one-as in X can't make it but Y can so we'll be going. X is very dear to me-Y I don't even know!!! *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews

05/11/13
    Hmmm hard one. If you feel it's not a colour you'd wear to a wedding and would be offended then no not overreacting.

I personally wouldn't normally wear black to a wedding (the one time I did it was to my cousins wedding and I was 36weeks pregnant but I asked her first if she'd be ok with it as I was so heavily pregnant and wasn't really wanting to buy another maternity dress for a formal occasion that I wouldn't get a chance to wear again and she was fine. Normally I'd find another colour to wear. But I wouldn't have a problem if someone was to wear black to my wedding as long as it was a nice cocktail or formal dress where they've put an effort in to dress to my dress code.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    Here's my eBay dress! Not zipped up properly & minus petticoat.

(Please ignore the mess in the background, we're in the process of clearing out a lot of stuff.)

Attachment 53089
    Looks like its a good fit. Did well getting it off eBay Hun congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    I recently got a request from a wedding guest to swap the plus one-as in X can't make it but Y can so we'll be going. X is very dear to me-Y I don't even know!!! *sigh*
    Ummm is X the partner? I think that's quite rude. I'd only do plus one if its the partner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearCrystal View Post
    Ummm is X the partner? I think that's quite rude. I'd only do plus one if its the partner.
    It is a close friend and X is her father who is like my father but is unable to make it so she's bringing Y who is her partner. I think it's rude too but I didn't know if I had a right to be?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    If you feel that it's a bit morbid or rude, then it's not an overreaction.

Would I be upset? No, but I am fairly easy-going and wouldn't care what colour people wore so long as they put in an effort.

I guess the real question is, what can you do about it, if anything?
    I just feel black is a funeral colour. I think reflecting on it I am more upset about it because I know my mum will have a problem with it and make a huge deal about it.

05/11/13

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I just feel black is a funeral colour. I think reflecting on it I am more upset about it because I know my mum will have a problem with it and make a huge deal about it.

05/11/13
    Have you said anything even just in passing.

Btw i feel the same as you. It is disrespectful.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 21-04-2014 at 19:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    It is a close friend and X is her father who is like my father but is unable to make it so she's bringing Y who is her partner. I think it's rude too but I didn't know if I had a right to be?!
    My brother wants a plus one to my niece wedding but doesn't know who is taking 2 weeks before. :what:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

05/11/13
    I think it's a bit weird they are all wearing the same colour! If it was just one wearing black I wouldn't care.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    My brother wants a plus one to my niece wedding but doesn't know who is taking 2 weeks before. :what:

LOL! I think it's the self entitlement that amazes me?!