+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need some support, not sure what is going on!

I am 5-6 weeks pregnant with my third child. This was so planned and I feel like I have been having symptoms of pregnancy from 3-4 weeks of being tired, sore boobs and cramps.. I have had two blood tests to check hcg levels and they came back at 700 and then two days later 2200. The thing is, I'm now 5/6 weeks and I feel like I barely have any pregnancy symptoms. My boobs are sore but nothing else. Yesterday after I had sex the night before I wiped and there was some pink spotting, which over the course of the day turned into bright red spotting, no where near enough to fill a pad but was still there. That's now subsided a day later and I have brown spotting. I have no cramps at all, I feel good, but I have no idea what is going on! Could I be having a miscarriage that is taking a few days to start? Has anyone had this and it was all ok? I spoke to my dr and he said if it's a miscarriage it will happen, and he will do a blood test after the long weekend. And see where my hcg is.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The bleeding could have been from inter course. Best of luck.

samilia is offline Our family is almost complete <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey. I'm 6w4d preg with my 3rd. I also had a small bleed and went and had an ultrasound and they said I have a subchorionic hematoma in my uterus (just a slight bleed on the lining of my uterus) it's VERY common in pregnancy! I had it with my 2nd baby (she's now nearly 3yr old). So not all causes of bleeding are miscarriage. I have similar symptoms to yours and everything is going ok, so you are probably the same as me and all ok as well

I have had serial hcg levels done heaps! And they have all came out well showing they are going up nicely... So you are probably fine too coz your hcg is all good

Also, another causes of spotting and bleeding during pregnancy is due to the increase in blood flow in the cervix, and it's SO much that when you have sex, the blood vessels in your cervix BURST, and you end up with vaginal bleeding. It's not any harm to your baby. I have had it with my 2 previous pregnancies at least once the day or so after sex.

Ask your dr for a US to check bubs heart beat. I had an us yesterday at 6w3d and my bubs had a fab heart beat.... So again, I have scary symptoms like yours, but I'm ok, so that means you probably are too!

Good luck xx

Me 25 💑 DH 29
    👶🎀DD #1- 30.11.08 💗
    👶🎀DD #2 28.03.11 💜
    Last edited by samilia; 26-01-2014 at 22:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks samilia, I'm loving your positivity!
    I am on holiday at the moment so when I get home tomorow I'm going to have anther blood test, and I'm booked in for an ultrasound next Thursday when I should be 7 weeks.
    How many days did your spotting last for? Mine has been nearly three days and now it's more like pinky/brown mucous and at no time have I had a major gush of blood or anything so that is keeping me positive.
    I'm just not having any major pregnancy symptoms, except sore boobs so I'm driving myself a bit crazy! I so hope and pray its nothing too serious, in the past I had a stillborn baby so I'm so hyper sensitive about anything going wrong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondbub View Post
    Thanks samilia, I'm loving your positivity!
    I am on holiday at the moment so when I get home tomorow I'm going to have anther blood test, and I'm booked in for an ultrasound next Thursday when I should be 7 weeks.
    How many days did your spotting last for? Mine has been nearly three days and now it's more like pinky/brown mucous and at no time have I had a major gush of blood or anything so that is keeping me positive.
    I'm just not having any major pregnancy symptoms, except sore boobs so I'm driving myself a bit crazy! I so hope and pray its nothing too serious, in the past I had a stillborn baby so I'm so hyper sensitive about anything going wrong!
    I'm so, so sorry to hear about your stillborn, I can't imagine anything more painful..ever...

With this pregnancy the bleeding (spotting) only lasted a day and into the next morning. But with my previous pregnancies, I had bleeding for several days. I've had bleeding in both my pregnancies before this one and they were multiple bleeds, and they are now 5yr old and nearly3yr old (trouble makers lol)... But yeah, I'm hoping this pregnancy now that I'm having is on too fine, even with my spotting. I feel optimistic. Honestly, I've known SO many people (friends, family, etc) that have had bleeding in pregnancy, and they have all been fine. My cousin Kylie had a FULL BLOWN hemorrhage to the point where blood stained her entire pants and soaked them in blood. She went to emergency, and had what I have (bleed on the uterus lining).. Her baby is 5 now you get my drift.. Alls I'm saying is bleeding is pretty common in pregnancy! It's a good thing you have an ultrasound soon.. I know Thursday seems forever away.. But soon enough you will feel relieved!

Me 25 💑 DH 29
    👶🎀DD #1- 30.11.08 💗
    👶🎀DD #2 28.03.11 💜

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll feel relieved when I have that blood test! I need to see that my hcg has risen like crazy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, how's things going? Did you do bloods or a scan yet? Hoping your doing ok xo

Me 25 💑 DH 29
    👶🎀DD #1- 30.11.08 💗
    👶🎀DD #2 28.03.11 💜

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I got blood test results yesterday and my hcg is up to 12800! I've booked a scan for Tuesday but I'm feeling a lot more optimistic now. I figure the hcg wouldn't be rising if I was miscarrying or ectopic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like all good news :-) keep us posted when you have your scan

Me 25 💑 DH 29
    👶🎀DD #1- 30.11.08 💗
    👶🎀DD #2 28.03.11 💜