+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Exhaustion is getting me down

I know every woman and every pregnancy is different but I need to know I'm not going mad!
    Im 11 weeks and I'm so exhausted I can't even get dressed some days. I'm lucky to be on holidays (teacher). I sleep well all night then wake up exhausted. Just the thought of doing anything or going anywhere is exhausting. It's starting to get me down and I'm finding I'm crying a bit more this last week. Is this normal? Should I be pushing myself a bit more? I will ask my OB about iron levels in a few days at my appointment. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had this in my first trimester, with debilitating MS. Then one day at 11.5w I woke up and felt as right as rain.
    Chances are you will snap out if it really soon and feel fine.
    Hang in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BubblesK. My MS has really eased so I should be grateful! I'm 11.1w so hopefully soon things will get better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first trimester was enough for me to only have one! I said to DH that if it continued into the second and third trimester we were only having one!
    Lucky DD is so gorgeous I can hardly remember the horror!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't get any morning sickness or any other bad effects but remember the HORRENDOUS exhaustion in the first trimester...... It should fade away in second trimester then you will be blooming .
    Third trimester is exhausting too but in a different way, from carrying the weight and stuff.

But yes, it's very normal, I just went to bed straight after dinner and lots of naps and letting the housework slide and the very occasional sickie from work lol

Good luck, remember it doesn't last forever

Edit: make sure you take a pregnancy multivitamin if you aren't already. I was but didn't make a difference to the tiredness
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 26-01-2014 at 14:09.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Berocca def helped me

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this too. I only had 24/7 nausea too so felt like I should be grateful I wasn't vomiting but I just felt so bad.

With 2 of my pregnancies the first trimester hormones also triggered depression. A bit of hormonal crying is normal but if your feelings of being unable to face the day get worse, you start having trouble laughing or seeing the fun in things, or your thoughts start to turn dark then see your doctor.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm nearly 8 weeks and if I'm not at work i'm having a nap.
    I don't feel guilty about it either!
    Wish I could find somewhere to nap at work! (if you've seen that episode of Seinfeld when George converts his desk to a napping area...!!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. It's great to know its normal. I'm almost 12 weeks and I'm starting to feel like my old self again. Still needing the daily naps but nothing like the exhaustion I was feeling.
    I did not enjoy most of the first trimester, especially weeks 5-10, but it's amazing how the misery of those weeks are fading from my memory so fast, and are being replaced by the excitement of this little miracle that will be here in 6 months!
    All of you struggling with MS and exhaustion, I hope you feel better soon x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TaraMcD For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (31-01-2014)