+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had an epi with my first and had no sensation. I couldn't feel an urge to push and my pushing was guided by the midwives and ineffective so DS was ventouse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I suggest asking about a local too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an epidural near the end of labour because I needed the drip to speed things up. I loved the epi! After a long day of labour it allowed me to relax and be happy. I couldn't feel myself pushing though, which was weird. I had to just imagine I was pushing. Doc had to use vacuum in the end and I had a small stitch.

I was up and showering after an hour or so (I think...it's all a bit of a blur now but I remember it as a positive experience and will do it again next time).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had epi. I felt slight tight feeling during contractions but no pain. I had urge to push but no pain. Didn't feel a thing during the whole thing.
    My left side was completely numb, so it meant my positioning was limited. after I needed to be wheeled down to our room as I couldn't walk. I also needed to keep the catheter in overnight. My partner had to pick bub up and bring her to me ( advantage of private hubby could stay).

I had the epi as I was induced and my contractions were 5 to 6 every 10minutes lasting 60 sec from the beginning so I was exhausted. The epi allowed me to rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an epi at 5cm dilated - I suspect it went in skewiff because it completely numbed one half of my body (like right side from waist down) but I could still move/feel the other half. After about an hour the feelings started coming back all over even though I was topping it up as often as I could (self administering syringe thing). The Dr topped it up with a needle which numbed me again, and wore odd after an hour again.

Towards the end, I think I felt everything as if I hadn't had any pain relief. For a long time after I resented hearing about women who had no pain after their epi! That being said, my baby was posterior facing, this was an induction, he needed the vacuum to come out and I tore and grazed inside and out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an epi with my first. It was amazing I could feel contractions but they didn't hurt. I felt the urge to push but it wasn't as strong as drug free. I felt it sped up my labour as I was calm and relaxed (induced) it to me was an amazing birth experience.
    With dd also induced I requested an epi but she was coming too hard and fast and posterior. I can say I had a drug free birth but there was nothing calm about it at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a epi for my 2nd and I was completely numb from my chest down. I slept for four hours when I woke up the midwife told me it was time to push...a few pushes and baby was out. I teared a little and had to be stitched.
    The hardest part was trying to be still while getting the needle in the spine during contractions.
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 26-04-2014 at 15:53.