+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It is so good to hear that other babies do respond like this and I do not want to be the only person who can care for my baby! I want her to grow up with good social skills, plus who wants to be on solo nappy duty? Not me!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sodalimebitters For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (26-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    I agree, no wonder your DH is upset.
    Maybe bubby just needs more time with them?

He is upset we can't go to dinner tonight (we were really looking forward to it) because he noticed this isn't how she would normally react. We are having his parents over to dinner instead. But I would love some alone time with the DH!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly it sounds like it could be something completely unrelated to your in laws.
    tummy pain, teething pain, anything different and when she looked for you she couldn't find you to fix the problem.
    could have been a specific face he pulled that just scared her...
    ds3 would suddenly start screaming when he realised someone else was holding him and I wasn't next to him...then that turned into him screaming at my sil and mil hysterically for 18 months whenever they said hello to him!
    They were never left alone with him so no idea why

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I agree with PPs; my DD is now 1 and she still sometimes cries when she's being held by other people besides me or DH. It doesn't make me think they've done something to her, just that it's a normal reaction when a child can't see their parents, or as someone else said, maybe it's some kind of pain which can come on suddenly and can't be communicated at that age.

My DD used to react like this especially with my in-laws; I felt really bad for them because if I was around she wouldn't want to go to them so my DH started taking her over to his parents place on his own. It's great, she's gotten closer to them and I get a little time to myself. Please don't put down a ban on your in laws looking after and spending time with bub, just give them time and help them to get used to each other and develop a bond.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe FIL was playing with her, maybe did what she considered to be a 'scary face' so she got a bit of a fright??

My ds2 would cry if I left him alone with dh. Dh would also play games or what not that ds didn't like so he'd just burst into tears.

It's a normal reaction IMO. I'm sure your ILs feel as bad as what bubby did

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS's father talks loud and around kids he still didn't take into account the volume and tone of his voice. I remember he scared the crap outta our nephew and even DS so cue the tears. He didn't think he'd done anything wrong tho :-/

I'd get her more familiar with her grandparents and see how things are afterwards.

Single mummy to a wonderful DS (Born 11/12/2008)