+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I tried a million different things with DD until we found what worked, so I'm hoping I'll remember a few things to try. I just don't know what I'll be faced with, but I sure hope #2 doesn't at least have allergies or reflux, that would be one less challenge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Try hands on settling or the Babybliss method. Worked well for us till dd started standing up and stopped self-settling. She hasn't been a perfect sleeper but much better than her brother was. I put the tv on for DS while I settle dd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    Try hands on settling or the Babybliss method. Worked well for us till dd started standing up and stopped self-settling. She hasn't been a perfect sleeper but much better than her brother was. I put the tv on for DS while I settle dd.
    Thanks DDG, how old was your DS. dD is 23 months and will be 2.5 when bub comes along. At the moment she does watch tv but if I leave the room, she follows me within a couple of minutes, so I'm unsure that would work. But maybe she will be more under pendent. By then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's 2 years difference exactly between my two. You'll definitely need your dd to be able to watch tv etc as any sleep training you do will take quite a lot of time to teach. Personally I felt exactly the same as you about teaching #2 to sleep for exactly the same reasons as you. I didn't realise how time consuming it would be (but I never left DD to cry) - only for it to go out the window several times. The main advantage was reduced night wakings.