+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I'm not sure. It is an apartment style place so the other rooms do but we are booked in a studio. I haven't directly been in contact with the accommodation, I just booked through a booking website.
    I'd give them a call and just explain to them that you have a fussy eater, you would like to bring dinner meals for her and would they be able to heat them up for you. Can't hurt to ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely ask for a microwave for your room.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I will ask.

Maybe I will just get one of those tiny slow cookers from woolies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd take the pre-cooked meals as planned and reheat them when there.

Every motel we've stayed in without a kitchen always has a bar fridge, microwave, plates, glasses and cutlery. I'd be very surprised if a microwave isn't in your room.

As a pp said, I'd take a saucepan (just in case no microwave) so you could reheat the spaghetti bol/casserole on the bbq - just use it the same as the stove top. Hope you have a great time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You might be surprised there may be a microwave there. Although we are going to stay at seaworld resort and I was surprised to see it's an extra $10 a night to hire a microwave usually they are standard I thought

Thanks
    Reviews
    Worst case scenario you can always go to the nearest shopping centre and use the microwave in the parents room? Or bring a toaster & kettle for cuppa soups?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or with an electric fry pan you can cook almost anything too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fullofhope View Post
    Worst case scenario you can always go to the nearest shopping centre and use the microwave in the parents room? Or bring a toaster & kettle for cuppa soups?
    Alas my child will neither eat anything toasted or have soup. She really is so draining to feed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, not being funny but what does she eat? I too would find that draining! Quiche in foil heated on the bbq, hot dogs with a side of potato bake again heated on the bbq, risotto, fish cakes or tuna patties. That's all I can think of!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    Wow, not being funny but what does she eat? I too would find that draining! Quiche in foil heated on the bbq, hot dogs with a side of potato bake again heated on the bbq, risotto, fish cakes or tuna patties. That's all I can think of!
    Well tonight she ate steak and mashed potatoes and I bribed her to eat a quarter of a florret of brocolli.

Usually we eat a wet dish, like diced beef, chicken or lamb, or mince, which I cook up with some canned tomatoes, or something else, some herbs or spices, vegetables that I put through the food processor until they are a fine grain, and cook it all up in the pressure cooker (which renders the veg unrecognisable) and serve it with whatever starch suits the meal, so pasta, or israeli cous cous (she only likes the big balls ) or rice, or dumplings, or potato. It comes out better than it sounds. So think moroccan style tagine (she loves this ), bolognaise or beef ragout, that sort of thing, but bastardised a fair bit.

Don't get me started on breakfast

Lunch she will have a ham or chicken and cheese sandwich or pasta and some of her limited range of fruits.

Snacks, a few fruits, crackers and cheese, maybe a muffin or banana bread.

It sucks, but I do the best I can to get at least some of the good stuff into her.