+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My fundal height was 4cm behind so I had an u/s at 30w4d. Discovered that she was perfect in size but transverse.
    The report said 33mm cervical length.
    In the public system they don't do any scans after 20w unless there is a concern.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    It's routine to measure cervical length I thought, that's how they picked up that mine was short
    Scans after 20 weeks though aren't routine. I was wondering if OP was having her cervix measured for a particular reason (previous pre-term births, history of cervical cancer etc) or if it was just a random finding on a growth ultrasound etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    My fundal height was 4cm behind so I had an u/s at 30w4d. Discovered that she was perfect in size but transverse.
    The report said 33mm cervical length.
    In the public system they don't do any scans after 20w unless there is a concern.
    OP I really wouldn't be stressing or worrying about this. By the sounds of it you have no risks or signs of preterm labour. I think this is a case of where too much information can cause stress or worry unnecessarily.

Just pretend you don't know about this and you'll probably find yourself less anxious. Wouldn't be concerned one bit about baby's position either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been freaking out a bit about being transverse but discoverd that about 90% of the time they will turn before 36weeks.
    Yes it was just a growth scan to see why I was all if a sudden 4cm behind. Everything thing is perfect. She is facing towards my back too as well as being sideways
    And I never had a cervical length check either at 20 weeks. It's not standard there either
    Last edited by Kazza78; 27-01-2014 at 15:54.