+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'd go with the Unimom; used mine for ages with no problems. It arrived late so I had to hire the Medela swing for a week and they are very similar in terms of suction power, but like others have said the Unimom is a closed system so I feel confident I'll get more use out of it if I have another baby and obviously the price is so much more affordable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Unimom and have found it to be a great pump, very easy to use and excellent value for money.
    Like others, I had dramas with delivery though so if you go with the allegro order a few weeks before you need it and keep copies of all your correspondence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My allegro arrived within days and when I emailed them, the response was fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mama Mirabelle, where did you hire the swing from? That's concerning because it's an open system which means it can potentially be a source of virus transmission etc. Could it be the Medela Symphony you're thinking of?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Yep sorry, meant the symphony! Also used the symphony in the hospital and found the Unimom on par and better value.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    My allegro arrived within days and when I emailed them, the response was fast.
    Where did you order your Allegro from?

Several online reviews are quite negative about the Australian distributor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unimom definitely. I read some bad thins on here and Facebook of people ordering and not receiving so I ordered mine and emailed the lady who runs it (think she might be on here)

She rang me direct and let me know it was in the mail the same day. I got it 9am the following day. She even threw in this little cooler bag which my son uses for his lunch everyday.

I have a friend with he Madela who also had he motor fail and when her husband had a look it was riddled in mould ewww. Hate to think how long milk was in there... She is now borrowing my unimom!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had trouble getting my Unimom - bought new off eBay from the same distributors as the website; I actually thought buying off eBay could help because of the accountability of the rating system. It took over a month to arrive, I received no communication whatsoever, emailed them several times, got no response and ended up opening PayPal dispute. Only arrived after I opened the dispute -- still no communication though. When the pump arrived there was an offer of breast milk storage bags for positive feedback on eBay... :/
    By the sounds of things they've improved though (I got mine last August?) and I'm very happy with the pump itself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the unimom forte and I'm super happy with it! I ordered a week before Christmas and received it New Year's Eve which I thought was pretty good considering the holiday season. I also got a bonus of a manual adaption kit and some breast milk storage bags. It's a great pump, I was using a good friends medela beforehand and I think it's a lot better than that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anonyme View Post
    Where did you order your Allegro from?

Several online reviews are quite negative about the Australian distributor.
    unimom.com.au

ETA this was in December.