+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Probably better question to ask your midwife or ob a little further on. One
    Lady in my DIG had adominal surgery and found out quite late in her pregnancy she should be treated as a VBAC.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (25-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Probably biggest problem would be if you needed a caesarean section, there may be adhesions (things stuck to things that shouldn't be) that makes the operation a bit more tricky. It's common in anyone with previous abdominal surgery.
    I've had 2 c sections and I'll be having a 3rd in May, no one has mentioned my previous surgery being a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cluckcluck View Post
    I've had 2 c sections and I'll be having a 3rd in May, no one has mentioned my previous surgery being a problem.
    Perhaps they didn't find any adhesions at your previous Caesar. Some people can be susceptible to them more than others and it's very common - up to 93% of people who've had previous abdominal surgery develop them.

It's bands of scar tissue that stick surfaces of organs or tissues together that shouldn't be. Like bowel/bladder to uterus etc. I've see caesareans where there's being really bad adhesions and they've had to get a general surgeon in to help them get down to the uterus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hoping my scar is high enough not to affect my uterus.. I see my gp on Monday to get a referral to the mater.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Perhaps they didn't find any adhesions at your previous Caesar. Some people can be susceptible to them more than others and it's very common - up to 93% of people who've had previous abdominal surgery develop them.

It's bands of scar tissue that stick surfaces of organs or tissues together that shouldn't be. Like bowel/bladder to uterus etc. I've see caesareans where there's being really bad adhesions and they've had to get a general surgeon in to help them get down to the uterus.
    This. I had a c sect on Tuesday and they had to call a urologist into theatre and put me under GA, my bladder was fused to my uterus and my uterine wall was paper thin! I, nor the Ob, knew
    about this prior to surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Bunny, where was the scar that caused the issues? Also congrats on your new baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    Bunny, where was the scar that caused the issues? Also congrats on your new baby!
    Becca it's not about the location of the scar that affects where the adhesions are. It's about what tissues/organs are affected during the surgery which extends well past the region of the scar.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It would only be a concern IF you needed a caesarean and then it would be if there were adhesions might take an extra 10-15 minutes to get bub out and worst case scenario what bunny described.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping my scar is high enough not to affect my uterus.. I see my gp on Monday to get a referral to the mater.
    By 40 weeks pregnant your uterus will be reaching to just under your ribcage. Just mention it to the doctors and they'll let you know if there's any possible concerns.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hmmm true. Guess I will just have to wait and see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks she's a little gem
    I'm not quite sure TBH. I've had a previous c sect and some laparoscopic abdominal surgery before.