+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default transitioning from breast to bottle with a newborn

I'm looking to change from breastfeeding to bottle feeding my newborn son asap. This is my second child but first that will be exclusively bottle fed. Would love some advice on the initial transition ie. How to get my milk supply to diminish, getting him to take a bottle. Also, what's the best way to set myself up for day and night time feeding?? Basically, looking for the process that each of u might go through in the morning and night to get ready for the feeds in the most efficient way. I'm quite nervous about this transition so any advice is appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Start replacing one feed a day. The less you feed the less your body will make. As for setting yourself up. I would wash bottles each night and fill with boiled water so I could just add formula when needed. For night it's often easier to make up required bottles and put in the fridge so you are not fumbling through the night.

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My Gp gave me tablets to dry my milk up. I did cold turkey for the swap and just started straight on bottles with DD when she was 7 days old. I used to make up the bottles for the 24 hour period and store in the fridge but if I was going out I would just have boiled water and take the formula in a container and make up when we were out. I also used to have a thermos of hot water which I would take when out to warm up her bottle incase I couldn't find hot water anywhere else. Good Luck