+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default Online Wedding Dress Sites

Has anyone bought theirs online and can personally recommend a website? Or, conversely, warn me off a website?

I need to save as much money as possible (well I guess every bride does?!) so was thinking if I could get one online it would be a lot cheaper.. but they all look too good to be true? I mean, one site I have been looking at is consistently in the 100-200 range... but I can't find any reviews for it, and when I google I can't find much except a website telling me it is only 61% trustworthy and it is based in USA, despite being called dresses-australia!

Hopefully someone has some advice they can share
    Last edited by Mod-Nomsie; 25-01-2014 at 09:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    A friend of mine found the dress she wanted here in a bridal shop in Australia, took note of brand, size etc and then found the dress on an American site and ordered.

She got the dress plus free veil and shoes for a few hundred dollars, compared to a few thousand that the shop here wanted just for the dress.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (25-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought a dress online. Ordered it, paid for it almost 3 months before the wedding. I was told it would take 6 weeks. I got it a week and a half before the wedding. It was a disaster! It was 'made to measure' but was miles too big and It looked like whoever made it had sewn it in the dark!! I was shattered. I was in love with the dress and couldn't picture myself wearing anything else. So I got nan on to it. Unfortunately, it needed a lot of work and a week just wasn't long enough

Anywho, my advice - don't put all your eggs in one basket! Have a plan in place 'just in case'! And give yourself plenty of time in case you get it and it does need alterations.

If I could go back I would have just bought from a shop. Sorry I can't remember or find the name of where I bought from so I can't warn you off. I did search sites similar to what you described and I thought it was too good to be true. I suppose you take that risk though when buying anything online.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (25-01-2014)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a dress off an ebay seller, was made to measure and arrived in the said time and exactly as pictured

Sent from my GT-P7510 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (25-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Thanks! My Mum has offered to make it, but I am interested in styles that have a lot of texture- lace, ruffles etc... I'm not sure if she could pull it off... I think she could alter one ok, say take it in or hem it... but obviously I need a dress for that to happen in the first place! Too much to think about!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my wedding dress online from a US site, house of brides.

I found the dress I wanted at a store, tried it on so I knew what size I needed then ordered it. It just needed to be taken up when it arrived, but im short so not an issue for everyone. My dress was $1700 to buy as is here and it cost $900 including shipping

My advice to you is to order your dress well in advance...3 months can be cutting it extremely fine, especially if there are any delays from the dress supplier.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to breez For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (25-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought 2 dresses online from ebay. One was from the UK. It was a lovely dress but about a week after I got it I found out I was utd with #4. The seller agreed to refund my money so I sent it back. The seller didn't pick it up from the post office so it was returned to me, what a waste of $45 now I'm stuck with it and am trying to sell it myself.

The second dress I bought was a made to measure type from China. It was miles too big so my mil altered it for me. I was happy enough with it considering the price. I had it within the timeframe they said on the webpage.

I'll have to have a look and get the Sellers names.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (25-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I have read that you should buy the dress about 8 months before the wedding, so that's where it sits on my timeline atm