+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Way too manym imagine how overcrowded and overwhelming the school would be if everyone brought that many!

My DH and I and then 2.5 yr old DS2 went to DS1's first day. Thats it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first day was my mum and grandparents (x2). I think that was enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    With DS1 it was just me and DS2. When DS2 started it was just me.

With DS1's school in QLD the parents were invited in the classroom for a while to do activities with the kids, help them settle in and then they were invited to a morning tea with the principle. It would be a bit impractical to have 9 people per child in that scenario.

DS2's school in NSW, Parents where basically told to get lost once the bell rang. No one was allowed in the classroom or allowed to be involved in their childs first day of school, so in that scenario each kid could have 9 kids if their parents wished so.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    With dd1 was me, dp & dd2
    With dd2 it was me, dp & dd1

IMO that's way too many

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    All of us went to my nieces first day ( parents/ grandparents/ aunts/ uncles ) about 8 in total but we didn't go into the class room, just walked her outside the room , took photos and it was really cool , she loved it and then we said goodbye and she went in with her mum and dad

my DS is in trouble as I have about 14 relatives that say they are coming to his first day ( another. 2 years)!!! so I'll do the same , let them see the school but just DH and I will go into the classroom , I think its nice they are excited for her but yes not all in the classroom at once !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Last year when dd1 started prep, we had me, dh, dd2 and dd3, my mum and grandad- dd1 had asked if they could come too and as they live over 4 hours away it was a nice way to involve them. This year however it will just be me, dd2 and dd3 as dh is away. Everyone will be sent pics of her in her uniform though.

Me + he = dd1 (July 07), dd2 (July 10), dd3 (August 13), dd4 (due may 14)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Personally I find it way OTT, parents and siblings is plenty..schools are crowded busy places esp on the first day I think it would be inconsiderate to have so many people hovering outside let alone in the class.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DS had myself and his nana come first day of school for prep. Last year it was just myself and this year my sister wants to come otherwise it would just be me. First day is so crowed with so many people there.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS is starting school in a week & it will just be me, DD & my mum because DP will be away working

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll go against the grain and say I don't see a problem with it. It's a big day for the preppies. Why not make a fuss. I don't agree with the entire entourage trooping into the classroom but the school yard is a big place. Op your niece is lucky to have so many family to invite, if you'd like to go, then go. We have no family around that would be interested in attending fdos so I'm jealous, I'd kill to have all those people to invite

[Edit:having said that, ours is a small school with 2 prep classes, it depends on the size of the school too. The other local school has 6 prep classes and drop off time is a pure traffic jam]
    Last edited by Gothel; 24-01-2014 at 21:49.