+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSurprise View Post
    @SoThisIsLove I just wanted to wish you all the best. There are plenty of options that can be explored, and like your midwife said, you sound like a fantastic candidate for a vbac. Am certain you'll look back on all these worries and smile because it wasn't an issue. Xxx
    Thank you so much. Im pretty confident i will succeed. The obstetrician wasnt even concerned about the blood issue at all as there are alternatives that they will have ready for me incase something goes wrong.

My cousins wife a few years back had complications during childbirth and they told her and her husband and family that she will die if not given a transfusion. 100%. She refused. They even took my cousin aside and said we can give her one and we wont say anything etc but he refused. She was discharged from hospital the next day. Many people arent aware of the complications that can can arise from transfusions also. Everything comes with a risk.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

BigSurprise  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    I'm the same religion as you (I'm in Adel Northern congregation) and just want to say even though there can be more risks try not to freak too much. I had a natural delivery first time. Second baby was a c section and the docs were really hard on me about the issue of transfusions. I freaked out the whole time but in the end only lost 150ml of blood so was pretty happy with that :-)
    Thank you. With my section i lost 600ml with no issues at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Read your consent form carefully. Blood transfusion is usually a standard inclusion on surgery consent forms not a separate form.

Be aware they may be hesitant to book an elective surgery without blood consent.
    This is good advice as I knew a lady who was a Jehovah's Witness and wanted an elective Caesar, but wasn't willing to sign the blood consent part of the form and had a big hassle with it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    This is good advice as I knew a lady who was a Jehovah's Witness and wanted an elective Caesar, but wasn't willing to sign the blood consent part of the form and had a big hassle with it all.
    Thats interesting, ive had no issues with the blood issue. I had to fill out a form where i listed what i would accept and they were happy with that. Guess it must depoend on the hospital i dont know? There are completely bloodless hospitals in the US i believe and major surgeries and performed without blood but with the alternatives available. Its an important field as blood is always in short supply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've just finished reading the full thread and didn't realise when I wrote my post that you are a JW, Sothisislove. I think it really depends on the individual Hospital etc. The lady I spoke about in my post ended up having a vaginal birth (not a vbac) and was ok in the end, but she changed her mind from wanting an elective c.s to vaginal birth due to the hassle she received with the consent forms and her not willing to consent to a blood transfusion etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can't edit my posts properly today for some reason, but I wanted to wish you all the best with your birth and know that it is totally normal to feel anxious about all the 'what ifs'. However, given that you have spoken with your Ob and also that you have been reassured that there will be alternatives to blood etc, it sounds as though you are on the same page with your health providers and wil be in good hands. All the very best!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    I can't edit my posts properly today for some reason, but I wanted to wish you all the best with your birth and know that it is totally normal to feel anxious about all the 'what ifs'. However, given that you have spoken with your Ob and also that you have been reassured that there will be alternatives to blood etc, it sounds as though you are on the same page with your health providers and wil be in good hands. All the very best!
    Thank you that means alot

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go? I hope all went well for you :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't logged in for months but I got my vbac and daughter safely thank you

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (30-12-2014),Amiedoll  (14-01-2015),mumwannabe  (25-07-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Congrats STIL