+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    Stop reading!! No, not really. It's good to be informed, but stop reading things that will freak you out. I have been at the birth of many successful VBACs and looked after women on the postnatal ward and I think I've done maybe one blood transfusion. Of those that have required a blood transfusion - none have been attributed solely to a VBAC. Please stop freaking out about it. While I can't guarantee everything will go 100% smooth, if you think positively and focus on all the things you can do to make the entire experience a positive one!
    haha thank you! I havent been reading much at all just coming across things accidently. I think im just nervous about labour full stop now which is normal i know.

Thanks for your experience and your reassurance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    If a transfusion is required due to iron levels, you can have an iron infusion. It's not the most fun experience you will ever have, but certainly gets the iron levels up pretty quick.

I agree with @theoneandonlyem stop reading. I read so much about retro placental hematoma's and was absolutely convinced I would never make it (much less to term) and in the end I had a perfectly health 38 weeker.

It's good to be informed, but not paranoid.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (14-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    If a transfusion is required due to iron levels, you can have an iron infusion. It's not the most fun experience you will ever have, but certainly gets the iron levels up pretty quick.

I agree with @theoneandonlyem stop reading. I read so much about retro placental hematoma's and was absolutely convinced I would never make it (much less to term) and in the end I had a perfectly health 38 weeker.

It's good to be informed, but not paranoid.
    Iron transfusion is fine. Im on iron tabs to to get my levels up really well before labour Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What religion doesn't allow blood transfusions? If it was the only way to survive would you have one? Can doctors let you not have one if it's absolutely essential for your survival?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    What religion doesn't allow blood transfusions? If it was the only way to survive would you have one? Can doctors let you not have one if it's absolutely essential for your survival?
    Jehovahs Witnesses.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah...d_transfusions
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 14-04-2014 at 23:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe a better explanation than wiki

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnes...ions/#?insight[search_id]=aab5aac3-ef8a-4d40-81d8-944709a155e0&insight[search_result_index]=1

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mumwannabe For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP- given that your 1st labour progressed well and csection was only performed due to bubs alignment then you are a great candidate for VBAC. Try to keep active during labour as this will help bub get in a good position (ask for wireless monitoring if you are required to have it).

Prov 3:5-6

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mumwannabe For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    They can't force you to. They can try and resuscitate with fluids, but otherwise it's a lost cause. In the case of the children where it's the parents denying the blood transfusion the hospital can try to get a court order to grant permission.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SoThisIsLove I just wanted to wish you all the best. There are plenty of options that can be explored, and like your midwife said, you sound like a fantastic candidate for a vbac. Am certain you'll look back on all these worries and smile because it wasn't an issue. Xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BigSurprise For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    For religious reasons. I will accept many alternatives tho, cell salvage for one as uses my own blood in a continuous cycle (no storage required) as well as synthetic blood products. Just not whole blood products.
    I'm the same religion as you (I'm in Adel Northern congregation) and just want to say even though there can be more risks try not to freak too much. I had a natural delivery first time. Second baby was a c section and the docs were really hard on me about the issue of transfusions. I freaked out the whole time but in the end only lost 150ml of blood so was pretty happy with that :-)