+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How long did it take for centrelink to process your Paid Parental Leave

Sorry but bit of a vent, is anyone else still waiting on their PPL? It's been almost 8 weeks now and they still haven't bothered to process mine. I did it online back at the start of October and handed the hard copy in, in person at my local centrelink office 1 week after DD2 was born. I've left 3 online requests asking them to contact me about it, I've just been on hold an hour before I gave up (after only being told at the start that the wait time was 35 minutes). I've now completely run out of holiday pay! Not too mention that it's still the same place of employment as my last lot of PPL for DS1 which was only April 2012, so all the details would already be there from last time. I know they have not bothered to contact my employer because I checked to find out if they had heard anything from their end. I know they received it because the medicare part of it has been updated and that happened 5 weeks ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a very similar issue in August last year. Ours was actually with my partners 2 weeks leave but when we followed that up the same was going to happen to my payment. With both of ours we spoke to someone at centrelink (after a 2.5hour wait) and they processed immediately and we were paid within 48hours.

I can't remember the details but I know the lady said you're best to call after 5.30 as it's only the families department open.

I do believe you'll get back paid to the start date of your PPL

Hope it resolves soon
    Xxxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope2487 For This Useful Post:

M2O84  (27-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Did you put a start date on the form? If you left it blank they wouldn't rush it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did mine online months in advance and it started on the start date I nominated. No dramas and no delay at all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I submitted my forms online prior to birth & handed in the rest of the forms in person, it took 12 weeks. I called & went into the office, didn't help

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went into Centrelink a week before Xmas to lodge our claim and we were told there was a backlog and it may take longer than usual especially with all the public holidays.
    We received our FTB payment about 6 weeks later but still haven't received our first Baby Bonus payment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did all my paperwork before the birth and I think it still took 10 weeks before I got a payment. I just assumed it was because I had to change start dates (DD was early) but sounds like it may just be the norm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes originally I did put her due date down as the date to start payments from, but DD2 was also born early. Goodness 10-12weeks is a long time, hoping it won't take that long, could really do with the money! Hate to think how others manage if they don't have any savings or how a single mother would cope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine took ages to start, they kept saying I had done the form wrong, then when I went in the conversation went

Them: "see here, you have to write xyz"
    Me: "So just to clarify, where I have written xyz, I have to write xyz?"
    "Yes, that's correct"
    "Well I've written xyz right there"
    "Yes, it should say xyz"
    "It does say xyz, you are pointing right at it"
    "Yes, it does say that, there shouldn't be a problem"
    "So I came down here and waited for an hour and a half so you could point out the form that I have filled out correctly? Thanks, can you start paying me now?"
    "No, not until you write xyz on the form here"

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Still took another follow up phonecall from them cos they 'couldn't find DH or I on the system', yeah no sh1t, we've never used Centrelink before.