+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Piyamj View Post
    @VicPark eagerly awaiting your response
    She used the SOS Tizzie Hall method I am pretty sure

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (24-01-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rpie View Post
    Hi Vicpark
    What did you do on those two nights? Did your bub protest? I have the same problem and am tired.
    Apologies for my tardy response it's been a busy few days..

There was a little bit of crying. Probably about 15 minutes each night. It was non emotional "wah wah .... Pause.. Wah... Pause.... Wah wah ... Pause." Once I stared listening to bubs cries and watching from a secret viewpoint (through the door) it was obvious bub was trying to self settle. If I went in bub would rouse more.

If bub was going off his nut doing an emotional cry/vomiting etc no way I would have let that happen.

So in hindsight it wasn't really painfull but at the time it felt a little different. Anway two nights of that was well worth years of sleeping though the night and going to bed without having to be pat/rocked/fed etc.

To be honest I find the prep leading up to bed time to be just as important (if not moreso) that what happens when you put bub to bed. Reduce the stimulation! Feed bub up good but not to sleep! And routine!!

Good luck..

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (24-01-2014),Piyamj  (24-01-2014),rpie  (25-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Piyamj View Post
    I am also interested in VP's response. Define 2 nights of pain? DD falls asleep super quick on the boob post her evening bath. How do I keep her awake?
    I only ask because sometimes DD is full but tired and then goes nuts cos she doesn't want to feed and then can't sleep and that's not fair on her. The paci has limited success.
    How old is your dd? If she is really young I would let her be. I remember using a cold washer and rubbing it on bubs face/feet to keep him awake longer to feed. A nappy change half way also helps. Some recommend doing half feed before the bath and Half feed after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks VP. She's 4.5 mths old. Good advice.