+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Too soon to give up?

Hi Everyone.. Need some honest advice/opinions.. I'm pregnant but have had 3 miscarriages in last 12 months so a bit anxious.. This one felt better than previous ones and was really positive until I spoke to OBGYN yesterday..

My HCG levels are:
    12dpo 49
    15 dpo 106 (63 hr doubling time)
    19 dpo 325 (59 he doubling time)

LMP is 19 Dec and I'm a 27-28 day cycle, which puts me at 4w5days at last hcg draw.

Due for another BT tomorrow..
    My dr rang last night and has basically given up hope, she told me to go on progesterone "if I want" but said it's probably too late (I'd been on Prog with last 2 MC but levels were good at first draw so she said not required this time)

She feels this one has gone, but I'm not so sure as these are still doubling within 72 hours (she wants 48hrs)..
    What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you should find a new doctor! The one you have doesn't sound very supportive or empathetic given what you've been through.

I'm not great with HCG levels sorry but it's continued to rise and you feel different so don't give up just yet. I know it's hard, you don't want to get your hopes up only to be devastated but you also don't want to think the worst all the time.

I really hope things turn out differently this time and you get some good news.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bundun3 For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bundun - you might be right. Appreciate the reply x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got today's HCG
    72 hours after the 325 and it's only gone up to 517..
    That's not very good news...

Thanks
    Reviews
    In sorry to hear that has your doctor told you that the reason for your previous MCs is your progesterone level or are you not sure why it's happening?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still not sure why this keeps happening..
    I've had a few tests (Karyotype, diabetes, lupus, anticoagulant, factor 5 etc) and the only thing that came back is MTHFR A1298C Hetero..

I've been in MethylFolate and MethylB12 since and Cartia (low dose aspirin since BFP)..

My doc said last year that I might need IVF but I feel we haven't tested enough 'me' problems - natural killer cells etc and IVF might just be setting ourselves up for a more expensive/invasive miscarriage..

I have an appt with the OBGYN on Tues so will see what she says I guess..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope I don't sound too blunt, has there been any testing done on the foetus in your previous MCs? After my first one my OBGYN sent some 'matter' away for testing and it came back that the baby died because of a genetic abnormality. My husband & I then had blood tests & it turns out I have a balanced translocation which causes recurrent MCs. I'm not sure how common it is but might be something to ask your OBGYN about if they haven't already tested for it.

We were told we had a 2 in 3 chance of miscarrying in every pregnancy unless we had IVF to select a viable embryo. We've now got a 9 week old perfect baby girl who was conceived naturally. Don't give up, unfortunately it's just a longer, tougher road for some of us but there's still hope. I'm still hoping you get some positive news or at least some answers x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not too blunt at all, thanks so much for the advice!! I'll def ask my OBGYN about this in Tuesday!

I obv don't 'hope' for something to be wrong with either me or DH but I wish that I could just know 'why' so that we can fix it or IVF around it or just know it's not for us and move on.. Prolly sounds crazy but yea..

Don't really know how I got here :-(

samilia is offline Our family is almost complete <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyLadyBug View Post

My HCG levels are:
    12dpo 49
    15 dpo 106 (63 hr doubling time)
    19 dpo 325 (59 he doubling time)
    I'm really sorry to hear that your in a stressful place. Your dr should be a little more sensitive I think.

My hcg levels were..

12dpo : 45
    15dpo : 180

So far my pregnancy is going ok and because your levels aren't too different from mine, yours is probably ok too. Try to stay positive and soon enough your morning sickness will kick in (really bad around 6weeks lol) I spewed in my car today.. Enjoy your sickness free weeks 4 and week 5..

Me 25 💑 DH 29
    👶🎀DD #1- 30.11.08 💗
    👶🎀DD #2 28.03.11 💜
    Last edited by samilia; 26-01-2014 at 23:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doesn't sound crazy at all, it's such a heartbreaking thing to go through but knowing why and bring prepared for it helped us a lot.

Let us know how it goes, I have everything crossed for you