+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    My cats dry food costs $50 but lasts a month for 1 cat and 1 kitten. Its totally worth it to know they're not going to end up in the horrible pain my last fur baby was in, I miss him terribly, I'd give anything to know then what I know now so he was still with me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    that's so sad. There's not a lot of info about the difference between cat foods. I never knew there was a difference till I started looking into it either.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeymourTheBear For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (23-01-2014),peanutmonkey  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On the food thing please avoid the cheap supermarket dry foods! Especially in a male cat. My cat had to be put to sleep last year from eating cheap food, it creates crystals in their bladder and blocks their urinary tract, extremely painful and expensive to fix and once it happens it can reoccur easily.

Yes this happened to my female cat. Luckily it was diagnosed early so she was fine so long as she was fed vet-only food. Even expensive pet store brands would set it off.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    On the food thing please avoid the cheap supermarket dry foods! Especially in a male cat. My cat had to be put to sleep last year from eating cheap food, it creates crystals in their bladder and blocks their urinary tract, extremely painful and expensive to fix and once it happens it can reoccur easily.

I didn't know this My grandparents have mine and my brother's cats because we moved and couldn't have them at new houses. What food is better for them?

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    What food is better for them?

Sent from my telecommunications device.
    Thanks for asking. I would love to know too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My cats are on royal canin. Even the premium ones in supermarket arent the best but they are better than whiskas and friskies etc.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (23-01-2014),Stretched  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My cat is fed a BARF diet, which costs around $10 per week. Consists of BARF patties, raw chicken necks, raw chicken wings, raw small lamb bones, diced and/or minced meats - all bought from the pet food shop. She also has some jerky type treats.

Pet insurance is around $300 per year and IMO it's a great idea after having massive vet bills in the past.

Litter we generally use a recycled paper type which on sale for a big bag is about $16. Usually lasts us a couple of weeks.

Invest in a good cat tree/scratching post. Cats like to climb and sit up high. You can get ones for under $200 online. Ours must be nearly 6 foot tall and the cat loves it.

Crinkly cat tunnels are also great cheap fun. You can get them online or in cheap shops for around $15.