+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've been to Aldi once or twice and haven't been back. I hate the checkout system. They throw your items through the checkout so fast while sitting on their comfy seats and you have to bundle your items back into the trolley while they're waiting for you to pay, then you have to go bag your items yourself. I much prefer the friendly, helpful service I get from my local Woolies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblu11 View Post
    I've been to Aldi once or twice and haven't been back. I hate the checkout system. They throw your items through the checkout so fast while sitting on their comfy seats and you have to bundle your items back into the trolley while they're waiting for you to pay, then you have to go bag your items yourself. I much prefer the friendly, helpful service I get from my local Woolies.
    Lol. I'm the opposite. I love packing my own shopping cause it's done how I like it.

Every time I venture into Woolies (rarely cause I loathe the place!!!) I seem to get someone who can't pack a shopping bag properly!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrincessPud For This Useful Post:

babyblu11  (06-02-2014),Fiery  (06-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblu11 View Post
    Lol yeah it does take some skills to get a whole trolley done at aldi without holding up the line, I'm lucky DF and I do it together, so he loads while I manage the kids and pay. Also we collect empty boxes as we go through aldi and load into the boxes in the trolley at the other end, so then we put the boxes straight into the boot - so it's bagless shopping.

Sent from my C5303 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

babyblu11  (06-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Lol yeah it does take some skills to get a whole trolley done at aldi without holding up the line, I'm lucky DF and I do it together, so he loads while I manage the kids and pay. Also we collect empty boxes as we go through aldi and load into the boxes in the trolley at the other end, so then we put the boxes straight into the boot - so it's bagless shopping.

Sent from my C5303 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Oh using the boxes sounds like a good idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I shop at Aldi I love how quick the service is at the checkout so even if the line is long it's never a long wait.
    I bag up my groceries at the car and I also take my clothesline basket to fill it up with the light stuff.
    The only thing I can fault at Aldi is their meat and bread but only lately. For the last few years we've never had meat issues until now when it seems to go off way before the expiry date and sometimes the bread isn't fresh, but there isn't an instore bakery either.

I love their weekly specials and we save so much $$$$ shopping at Aldis.
    I shop there first then anything I can't get I'll get at woollies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read any other posts but just want to put my two cents in, my sister has had maggots in the eggs on an occasion, I have brought a prepackaged cake only to get it home and discover its two weeks past its use by date and I have had crumpets on two different occasions with mould on them. I dont buty anything edible from Aldi but do have to say the nappies are good (better than some branded ones) and the softener smells nice.

Sent from my LT29i using The Bub Hub mobile app