+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do you cope?

I'm at home with my 4month old twin girls and 23month old son.

My girls are going thru that fussy time where they aren't sleeping well.
    My son is a typical almost 2yo who is full of beans and raring to go.
    I go waking with then when it isn't so hot, but at the moment, getting out of the house is so difficult on my own that I don't get out much.
    DS is suffering for it. And I'm feeling house bound.

And I'm finding myself so frustrated at nap times, the girls are hard to resettle when they wake. My DS is good 90% of the time when I tell him he needs to be quiet, but the other 10% of the time he can be so naughty.

I feel like I'm starting to lose the plot.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi mrswatto. hugs, I can relate. I also had twins with a toddler. Best advice, is just try to relax and take it one day at a time. My girls at four months if I can remember, they would pretty well sleep most of the time. I can remember one really stinking hot day, I had to have them on the verandah in only nappies, in the two bouncers, and I was sitting with a tub of cold water and two face washers, constantly wiping them over to keep them cool, and my toddler was in undies and eating iceblocks like they were the greatest thing ever. You can try for only quite activities while babies sleep, but that may not work all the time. It really is such a short time that you will be just crazy busy, I think I functioned on auto pilot for the first 6 months. After that, life sort of became normal. hugs, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel like I'm on auto pilot too. I am trying to enjoy my girls as babies cos these will be our last, but I find myself wishing their time away, and craving that independence that comes with movement etc.

It helps to vent. Thanks

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    mrswatto, I did the same and I remember it clearly. I look back now, I enjoyed every stage with my first born, not wishing to grow up, but just enjoying every new thing. With my girls, it was like hurry up and get past this stage. when they were sitting up, hurry up and walk, when they were eating solids, hurry up and feed yourselves. Then I had my last baby, and I wanted him to stay a baby. Im saying oh don't learn how to sit, don't learn how to stand, and he decided to walk at nine months. I went to hang the washing out, and came back inside to see him walking around the lounge room like he had been doing it for years. hahah, we just don't get what we want . I can understand you totally. hugs, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do my best to get my 3.5yo outside in the early part of the morning and run him around flat out til he is worn out (while my 6mo twins have a sleep about 9am). I also feed my horses during this time. Watering the garden, chasing chooks and mud pies in the sand are favourites. He is in kindy now too, so it does take the pressure off coming up with new activities every day (he pretty much is happy doing the same activities each day, or variations of).

We have air con and fans, so try to make the best of it during the hot weather. An inflatable pool was a winner too, or play in the bathtub. A trip to a shopping centre with an indoor play area is good for your own sanity (or maybe a play cafe).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't have a toddler, only the twins, but just wanted to say that i found 4 to 5 months a bit 'groundhog day' same thing every day and the girls not at all independent. It suddenly changed not long after and i can now do a lot of fun things with them. Having had one before you would know this, but i suppose i wanted to remind you how the tide suddenly turns and hopefully this will help with your toddler having more to do too.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks nat and tap
    I remember it was tough around this age with ds too, now that I think back. Thanks for the reminder.
    The girls are getting better everyday, now they are really starting to get mobile ... On hands and knees rocking and a rough commando crawl. Soon enough they'll be following me everywhere!
    Hopefully they'll start sleeping a bit better soon and then we'll be right

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like they'll be up and walking before you know it! One of my boys is not rolling at all and the other can roll from front to back (if he doesn't get his arms stuck). The one not rolling at all is just a lot weaker in muscle tone and always has been. 2nd boy is much like his eldest brother in terms of mastering skills (no 9 month walkers around here!). All are going to be very tall.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are we all travelling?

I'm still dealing with cat nappers :/
    We went for an overnight, weeklong sleep program which has helped with the nights and I learned a lot about their sleep habits.

But they just don't seem to want to sleep in the day. If one is just dozing and the other is noisy, that's it, they're awake.
    In getting to the point where I'm wondering if I should separate them into different rooms during the day. The thought makes me sad.