+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Phew! I am glad most don't think it is standard and I'm not just etiquette oblivious!

I will tip if I am at a table service restaurant but not if ordering at a counter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not standard. I only tip if it was great service and more of a "keep the change" kind of thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes but not as a rule. I'm from a hospitality back ground and agree that our casual rates are pretty good.m

Always tip taxi drivers on the rare occasions I have used them😁.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am glad I saw this thread as in the two years i have lived in Australia (from UK) its still something I have not figured out! I am used to tipping for most services, including hair dressing, but pretty sure that's not done here, right?! Usually would tip 10 % for a meal out and some small amount for taxis too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really confused with the tipping etiquette here after living in the US for a few years. On the one hand, restaurants here are so expensive and I would hope that staff get paid award rates, so therefore I don't think I should have to tip, but part of me feels really guilty and mean not leaving a tip even when I probably can't afford to.

Mind you, I never receive the amazing level of service I received in the US. Eg, last weekend we ate at a busy, probably understaffed restaurant and felt totally ignored most of the night so of course we didn't leave a tip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't tip, I'm too broke lol. I'm a really nice and polite customer though because I do appreciate good service, and I know how crappy customers can ruin your night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I work in hosp,we have a tip jar,and people always chuck their change in (its how we pay for staff parties!!adds up quick) if we as a work go out for dinner and we get fab service,we leave a tip.Unfortunately its hard to get good service these days and prob even harder to get polite customers!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to *Chels* For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I only leave the small change as can't really afford to be leaving a tip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do if the waitress has been really pleasant and efficient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As much as I love travelling to Malaysia it's the one thing I resent about them. Their compulsory tips. They add a service charge which is basically forced tipping. Say if something was 45 ringgit it would show 45myr++

Only tipped a few times at an italian joint I used tp frequent.