+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Have a look at the interview - I really thought the other woman was way more derogatory to AP parents than Peaches was about CC
    I dont think it was that interview that the OP was referring to, but a more recent one

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I dont think it was that interview that the OP was referring to, but a more recent one

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Oh ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Well, no. It isn't. I have a thread of my struggles with sleep related issues on here somewhere where I basically kept a diary of my CC journey. Anyway, DD was never left to cry- she whinged, sooked etc, but was never dumped in her (well my room, she still shares my room) room in distress.
    I have a feeling you think you know better (cos you were there, right?) so I am happy to agree to disagree.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    Sorry, but if you are with your baby, then that's not any form of cc or cio??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have a look at the interview - I really thought the other woman was way more derogatory to AP parents than Peaches was about CC
    The one from the OP was an interview on channel 10 this morning. I just watched that other one you referenced and that Katie woman was horrid! This is the kind of "us and them" that I hate about parenting labels!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-01-2014),Elijahs Mum  (22-01-2014),~Marigold~  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with you 100% Parenting labels are stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    The one from the OP was an interview on channel 10 this morning. I just watched that other one you referenced and that Katie woman was horrid! This is the kind of "us and them" that I hate about parenting labels!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Cue  (22-01-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Sorry, but if you are with your baby, then that's not any form of cc or cio??
    I left the room after putting her down and DH and I took turns standing outside the bedroom door before going back in to reassure her. When we went to bed she was in her cot next to us. It took about one hour, for one night. I can now put her to bed at the first signs of sleepiness (around 7pm) and she goes down without the fuss, no longer wakes several times (she learnt to resettle herself) a night and went from no real day naps to 2-3 hour naps.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (22-01-2014),Missy RJ  (22-01-2014),Piyamj  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    For the record, I cannot stand 'parenting style' labels. The more I read & hear, the more I hate the whole concept. It breeds high-and-mighty attitudes and exclusion. It encourages parents to compare, criticise, defend and demean. it puts parents on opposing ends of the spectrum and ignores the extensive grey area in between.
    yeah I do agree...

Thanks
    Reviews
    ... Double post
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 22-01-2014 at 14:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good lord if that's the interview OP is upset over I need to start a spin off sticking up for Peaches ! I don't know who that other woman was but she was horrible ! I wanted to slap her! (Actually that's the first time I've heard Peaches speak as well )
    That Katie woman was saying things like " attachment parents are crap parents" , " you can smell the breast milk on these hippy parents " type comments

Peaches was quite nice and trying to explain "her style" and that other woman was a total ***** - plus the baby falling out of the pram thing was an accident by a new mum - I would love to hear from any new mum who is perfect and never did anything wrong !
    I meant to quote you @Elijahsmum but hit thank by mistake.
    The only interview I have seen was the one on channel 10 this morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, Peaches has every right to talk about AP, but she doesn't have to bash CC at the same time. Especially when she doesn't even know what it is.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-01-2014)