+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I'm that ignorant too! I have 3 friends/family who say they do CC when it's the CIO version where you let them scream.
    I'm also guessing you wouldn't go on TV and talk about things that you don't know anything about? I know this, because you are on her asking questions about the difference between them etc

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    CIO is just that. They are put in their room, parents close the door and no amount of crying makes them go in.

CC is where they cry, the parent goes back in pats etc then walks back out. Then they continue to do that increasing the length of time in between going in.

KG - I don't need a sleep program to educate me lol parenting has become so saturated with 'experts', 'programs' and rules to children. IMO people have forgotten to listen to their instincts and their children in favour or what some woman tells them to that is making mega bucks out of parent's desperation.
    I couldn't agree more with this ^^^^^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    CIO and CC are completely different. There are heaps of threads on BH that go through the difference. How embarrassing for her, being that ignorant in front of the whole world.
    Maybe Peaches, like most people in this thread, has only experienced people doing CIO and calling it CC? I honestly put them both together simply because I have had family members who did CIO but said it was CC.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-01-2014)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, im surprised this interview with Peaches, lasted only about 5 mins, and yet there is so much comment here from it. She is just one mother with her own opinions, she happens to relate most with AP. She has said some negative comments about CC and some positive comments about BF. I think she is entitled to her opinions, but she has no impact on how I would raise my children if I had the time again. If her surname wasn't Geldorf, no one would be bothered in the least. no big deal, Marie.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I get what you are saying. But honestly. If you are going to talk about something on national telly, no matter what it is - surely you'd do a little research on the topic first??

Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Maybe Peaches, like most people in this thread, has only experienced people doing CIO and calling it CC? I honestly put them both together simply because I have had family members who did CIO but said it was CC.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (22-01-2014),SugarSkull  (22-01-2014),~Marigold~  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes I do think she should have considered there is a distinction. While I won't use either, CC used as it's meant to, is much more preferable to CIO. But maybe her point is that many parents use CC as a euphemism for CIO (and ime it's a common thing)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It isn't really the point though, if she does or doesn't know the difference. The point is that she called it "unnatural and wrong". We all choose to parent differently, there is no place, none whatsoever for mothers to insult other mothers for their parenting choices. It is ok to disagree, to say you wouldn't do something. But to call it "unnatural and wrong"? Way out of line....waaayyy, wayyy out.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

babyla  (22-01-2014),Cue  (22-01-2014),kw123  (22-01-2014),Piyamj  (22-01-2014),~Marigold~  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't see the whole interview, only a really small snippet of it where she said its been scientifically proven that co-sleeping is safer than using a cot (with absolutely no qualification or definition of what is considered co-sleeping and what 'using a cot' actually means...yikes). Why did she even need to mention CC? Why can't people just say what they do and why it works for them without making condescending remarks about other parents?

For the record, I cannot stand 'parenting style' labels. The more I read & hear, the more I hate the whole concept. It breeds high-and-mighty attitudes and exclusion. It encourages parents to compare, criticise, defend and demean. it puts parents on opposing ends of the spectrum and ignores the extensive grey area in between.

I just parent, full stop. We do what we deem appropriate at the time. At the moment she's 2.5yrs and fighting bedtime tooth & nail, I know she's fine so yeah, we let her cry and complain and demand stories and back rubs for a while before going in to put her back in her bed. Then we remind her its bedtime and leave again. It's a boundary battle, and I intend to win. Am
    I using CC? I wouldn't say so, I'm just doing what we have decided is appropriate at this point in time for her age, personality and the behaviour.

Just because I choose to tackle this issue in this way doesn't mean DD doesn't get a million hugs and kisses and stories and back rubs and hours of my undivided attention at other times. Or that she doesn't end up in bed with us at 3am!

Call me whatever kind of parent you want, I don't care. And I really don't care what "type" of parent anyone else is, provided their children are loved and cared for.

(edited to clarify which part of the interview I saw, which immediately made me disregard anything else she said)
    Last edited by Cue; 22-01-2014 at 13:41.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

babycake  (22-01-2014),beebs  (22-01-2014),Chippa  (22-01-2014),LotusMum  (22-01-2014),MrJones&Me  (22-01-2014),Piyamj  (22-01-2014),Purple Lily  (22-01-2014),The Time Has Come  (22-01-2014),~Marigold~  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Good lord if that's the interview OP is upset over I need to start a spin off sticking up for Peaches ! I don't know who that other woman was but she was horrible ! I wanted to slap her! (Actually that's the first time I've heard Peaches speak as well )
    That Katie woman was saying things like " attachment parents are crap parents" , " you can smell the breast milk on these hippy parents " type comments

Peaches was quite nice and trying to explain "her style" and that other woman was a total ***** - plus the baby falling out of the pram thing was an accident by a new mum - I would love to hear from any new mum who is perfect and never did anything wrong !

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    It isn't really the point though, if she does or doesn't know the difference. The point is that she called it "unnatural and wrong". We all choose to parent differently, there is no place, none whatsoever for mothers to insult other mothers for their parenting choices. It is ok to disagree, to say you wouldn't do something. But to call it "unnatural and wrong"? Way out of line....waaayyy, wayyy out.
    Have a look at the interview - I really thought the other woman was way more derogatory to AP parents than Peaches was about CC