+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    ... And p!sses me off in the process.

Just saw her in an interview and I think this girl really needs a lesson in keeping her incorrect opinions to herself.
    She is an AP advocate and good for her. But her claims that "controlled crying" parenting means people "just leaving their baby in a room and closing the door while they cry" is grossly misinformed and ignorant.
    Grrrr just hate it when "celebrities" use their soap box to spread inaccurate nonsense. She actually continued to say that the practice was "not right" not natural etc.
    It hit a sore spot and offended me because I struggled with getting DD to sleep at around 10 months and after initially feeling very reluctant to go that CC route (due to uneducated assumptions) I taught DD the art of sleeping and changed our lives. She was not once distressed or left alone. Get your facts straight girly.
    I just hate the fact that more and more people are listening to such incorrect descriptions and judging any mother who does not choose to sleep with their baby and labelling that as unnatural and wrong.
    Vent over.
    *mods please feel free to move this to a sleep/parenting style section if required.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    The way some view cc p**** me off. It isn't like how they assume it is at all, people really should read a sleep program to educate themselves. I followed a sleep guide with ds2 and I will be following it with this baby too, that doesn't mean ds was put in his room with the door closed in the dark, he wasn't left to cry or scream. There's a difference between whinging and crying. The first few nights of leaving him whinge for a few times off and on through the night out of habit rather than go to him to soothe him when he would wake paid off . You know your child's cries, you know when there is something wrong or it's simply a whinge. There is nothing wrong with teaching your child the art of sleeping, once it's established you have a happier baby and a much happier mother.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-01-2014),~Marigold~  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Genuinely out if interest is it CC or CIO if baby is left to scream ( not whinge) in their room on their own, till the basically cry themselves to sleep? This is the main kind i have seen. Is that what CIO refers to?

Totally different than putting baby down awake and letting them whinge at say 2-5 minute intervals when you go back in to reassure.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

LotusMum  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Genuinely out if interest is it CC or CIO if baby is left to scream ( not whinge) in their room on their own, till the basically cry themselves to sleep? This is the main kind i have seen. Is that what CIO refers to?

Totally different than putting baby down awake and letting them whinge at say 2-5 minute intervals when you go back in to reassure.
    Yeah CC is supposed to be settling at intervals and they generally get longer as time goes by I think.
    CIO is to just leave baby to cry to sleep however long it takes!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (22-01-2014),SugarSkull  (22-01-2014),~Marigold~  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    CIO and CC are completely different. There are heaps of threads on BH that go through the difference. How embarrassing for her, being that ignorant in front of the whole world.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Missy RJ  (22-01-2014),SugarSkull  (22-01-2014),~Marigold~  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Yup thats CIO.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    CIO and CC are completely different. There are heaps of threads on BH that go through the difference. How embarrassing for her, being that ignorant in front of the whole world.
    I'm that ignorant too! I have 3 friends/family who say they do CC when it's the CIO version where you let them scream.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    CIO is just that. They are put in their room, parents close the door and no amount of crying makes them go in.

CC is where they cry, the parent goes back in pats etc then walks back out. Then they continue to do that increasing the length of time in between going in.

KG - I don't need a sleep program to educate me lol parenting has become so saturated with 'experts', 'programs' and rules to children. IMO people have forgotten to listen to their instincts and their children in favour or what some woman tells them to that is making mega bucks out of parent's desperation.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (22-01-2014),btmacxxx  (22-01-2014),majo  (22-01-2014),peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014),Tainted  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I dunno. I did CC with the twins, because their sleeping was all over the place. The proper kind. Not the leaving them to cry and shutting the door kind. The one minute, go and give them a pat on the bum, 2 minutes go and give them a pat on the bum and so forth. I didn't CC with my last, cuddle him to sleep, went to him every time he whinged etc, he is 2.5 and by far my worst sleeper out of the 4 of them. The twins are amazing sleepers.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You aren't the ignorant one then, they are. Proper CC is hard work, takes a lot of time and requires you to be up and on your feet patting your baby for as long as it takes.

I'm that ignorant too! I have 3 friends/family who say they do CC when it's the CIO version where you let them scream.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I'm that ignorant too. I have 3 friends who say they do CC when it's the CIO version where you let them scream.
    Thats the problem. So many people IRL are speaking about CC when what they actually do is CIO. My SIL did CIO with my niece amd she advocates for it, by calling it CC and saying its safe and the best way to teach a baby to sleep. Its this sort of thing that spreads misinformation

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post: