+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSparkles View Post
    Marigold it's awesome that CC went so well for you and your DD but for some people CIO/CC/Whatever does actually mean leaving the baby to cry alone for hours.

I know several people who've taken this approach, does anyone remember that story posted where they locked the boy in his room overnight with a potty?
    Is it wrong to say that is not natural?
    I am not saying CC is the only way.
    Of course it is NOT for everyone and that is FINE. I have said it throughout the thread, this is not about dissing AP parenting at all.

Again, it was about Peaches wrongly pigeon holing CC as unnatural etc. About implying that anyone who did/does it just shoves their baby in their cot cos they dont give a f...
    That offended me.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-01-2014),SugarSkull  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Wasn't Peaches the one whose pram fell over in the street while she was talking on the phone and she didn't even let go of the phone to rush to her baby? Lol.

Very AP!
    Bit of a low blow?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Didnt this whole debate start because Katie Hopkins attacked Peaches parenting style and said that all AP's were crap parents so she debated the issue on television?
    Yep!! I can definitely understand why Peaches would be defensive after that woman ripped her apart on national TV. She basically said all APs are hippys who aren't doing anything beneficial for their children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Yep!! I can definitely understand why Peaches would be defensive after that woman ripped her apart on national TV. She basically said all APs are hippys who aren't doing anything beneficial for their children.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MHexNsStJAg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bit of a low blow?
    Hey, I wasn't even the first to mention it on this thread! But yeah you're right. Was just meant to be a joke

I felt sorry for her when that came out actually as I am a total phone addict!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Hey, I wasn't even the first to mention it on this thread! But yeah you're right. Was just meant to be a joke

I felt sorry for her when that came out actually as I am a total phone addict!
    I kinda felt bad for her, my kid could easily have fallen out of his pram and wouldn't make you feel good seeing it plastered over the covers of magazines and on TV. I'm a phone addict too, could def have happened to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I kinda felt bad for her, my kid could easily have fallen out of his pram and wouldn't make you feel good seeing it plastered over the covers of magazines and on TV. I'm a phone addict too, could def have happened to me.
    Agreed! Imagine having millions of people see your parenting mistakes in picture, and having it thrown back at your over and over...

Hell, my son was standing holding onto the baby gate and let go, I was excited so I took a pic... as I was about to take the pic he lost his balance and fell hitting his head on the tiles. I felt awful, because I was taking a pic I couldnt catch him and stop him from hurting himself. But thankfully millions of people didnt make me feel even worse for my mistake.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think one of the reasons people tend to merge the two terms is bc parents that clearly use CIO try to make themselves and others feel better by saying it's CC. I know someone that was lecturing me about the wonders of CCing and how it's not CIO.... while her 12mo screamed until she puked for 2 hours straight.

I do think there is a difference between the two. But I don't agree with either. It goes against every maternal instinct I have (note I said my, I can't speak for others). Children cry for a reason. I had a son that woke literally 8-10 times a night for 9 months so I totally get sleep dep, it's hell. I still couldn't do it and even cancelled an QEII inpatient stay bc they promoted CC.

And I do see the reverse of people attacking AP. Imagine in my (regular ) annoyance at the judginess ffers cop, I said bfing was disgusting or some other negative thing. I'd be beaten with sticks.
    Last edited by delirium; 22-01-2014 at 11:50.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (22-01-2014),Clementine Grace  (22-01-2014),LotusMum  (22-01-2014),peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-01-2014),Tainted  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes the irritable, whingy cry which I find it the tired cry, I understand parents going in every few mins to settle then walking out. It's when a child is clearly upset that tears at my heart. I'm trying to tread lightly, I just cannot support CIO or CCIng when the child is beyond that whingy tired cry.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (22-01-2014),CitrusRainxxx  (22-01-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-01-2014),SugarSkull  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I think one of the reasons people tend to merge the two terms is bc parents that clearly use CIO try to make themselves and others feel better by saying it's CC. I know someone that was lecturing me about the wonders of CCing and how it's not CIO.... while her 12mo screamed until she puked for 2 hours straight.

I do think there is a difference between the two. But I don't agree with either. It goes against every maternal instinct I have (note I said my, I can't speak for others). Children cry for a reason. I had a son that woke literally 8-10 times a night for 9 months so I totally get sleep dep, it's hell. I still couldn't do it and even cancelled an QEII inpatient stay bc they promoted CC.
    This is me too. My 9 month old fights day sleeps and is rocked/fed/sung to sleep and still wakes at night. I've had quite a few people tell me to "just let him scream" and I know that's what they've done with their kids. I've been there when the baby is screaming (not whinging) and mum is just making a cup of tea saying "he'll stop in awhile, he has to learn". To me, it goes against every instinct to leave a baby in a room to scream. Plus i hate the idea of my baby crying to sleep. We had a family member who would do it with a 2 year old. He'd be screaming and banging on his bedroom door to get out, parents ignored him because "he has to learn to self settle". I remember my mum sneaking in to get him to rock him to sleep after 20-30 mins of screaming. Some nights he would have fallen asleep in front of the door, exhausted.

This thread sounds like it's evident that a lot of parents DO leave babies to cry in a room alone, whether it's the correct technique or not. This kind of CIO or CC is probably the type that Peaches is talking about and given by a few posts on here, it's not rare.

I don't doubt that there are very gentle versions and I'd hazard a guess this isn't what Peaches was referring to.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (22-01-2014),RobinSparkles  (22-01-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-01-2014)