+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Um no...? It's not.

I don't think what I described could be called any sort of "method".

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (22-01-2014),SugarSkull  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is "unnatural" to CIO or CC, it is unnatural to do A LOT of things.
    It's not entirely surprising that someone who follows AP is against CIO, is it?

Women's bodies ARE built for breastfeeding, or we wouldn't have the ability to lactate, just like Women's bodies are built for child bearing and giving birth.
    For those who don't know much about Peaches she bottle feeds both of her boys so it's not as though she is of the mind that breast is the only option just that it is optimum, there's nothing wrong with saying that!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalasmooch View Post
    My MIL did this to my son the one and only time she had him overnight. He was 6 weeks old!!! And she's in her 40s and has 7 children - genuinely believed that was the way to establish a sleeping routine, leave them in a room with the door closed for 10 minutes while they scream! So peaches is right people do use CIO this way. Her statement as a whole doesn't really offend me.

Age 20, engaged, mummy to 3yo DS and TTC his sibling! Living life backwards
    It is advised to only ever attempt CC after 6 months of age- definitely not with a newborn.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Pusheen The Cat  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    You were making a connection between a mistake she made as a parent and her parenting style though?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Isnt bagging her out for that the same as her bagging out CC and CIO though? Its a vicious cycle, someone feels their method was attacked, so they in turn attack the opposite method?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I have a feeling the "bagging" is tongue in cheek. Peaches comments were not. It's just pointing out that not everyone gets it right all the time. Doesn't make any one of us "better" than the rest.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I have a feeling the "bagging" is tongue in cheek. Peaches comments were not. It's just pointing out that not everyone gets it right all the time. Doesn't make any one of us "better" than the rest.

Didnt this whole debate start because Katie Hopkins attacked Peaches parenting style and said that all AP's were crap parents so she debated the issue on television?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (22-01-2014),peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSparkles View Post
    It is "unnatural" to CIO or CC, it is unnatural to do A LOT of things.
    It's not entirely surprising that someone who follows AP is against CIO, is it?

Women's bodies ARE built for breastfeeding, or we wouldn't have the ability to lactate, just like Women's bodies are built for child bearing and giving birth.
    For those who don't know much about Peaches she bottle feeds both of her boys so it's not as though she is of the mind that breast is the only option just that it is optimum, there's nothing wrong with saying that!
    She is allowed to be against CC if she wants. That wasn't my problem. It was how she wrongly described the practice as ignoring your babies needs- neglecting your baby- it is not that at all and it irritated me that she described it as such.
    Watch the intetview. She painted it (CC) black and white and made it out to be a loveless, lazy, cruel practice.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-01-2014),SugarSkull  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marigold it's awesome that CC went so well for you and your DD but for some people CIO/CC/Whatever does actually mean leaving the baby to cry alone for hours.

I know several people who've taken this approach, does anyone remember that story posted where they locked the boy in his room overnight with a potty?
    Is it wrong to say that is not natural?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (22-01-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry posted before I saw your reply.
    I think a lot of people also don't know the difference between CC and CIO, CC is something I can personally understand but I find CIO quite horrible.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014),Piyamj  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    Attachment 49444

I guess she's not a perfect mum either.. YOu know what? That's okay!

There is no right or wrong way to be a parent.. Attachment parenting may feel natural for some mums. It doesn't feel natural for me. Is my way the right way? Nope. There is no right way.
    I've seen the pictures and they are disturbing. She's got a phone in her hand and then trying to scoop up the child she's got it between her shoulder and her ear!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-01-2014)