+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 155
  1. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,431
    Thanks
    1,018
    Thanked
    2,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

    I actually think her age isn't an issue. Her name is probably indicative of the type of home she grew up in ... A bit of a free spirit leaning towards the AP style and probably not understanding of those in a leas fortunate circumstance.
    Her mother died of a heroine overdose when she was about 11. Not sure if that creates a free spirit or an AP.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (22-01-2014)

  3. #142
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,747
    Thanks
    5,085
    Thanked
    8,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Bingo! Peaches in glass houses shouldn't thrown stones.!..

    I actually think her age isn't an issue. Her name is probably indicative of the type of home she grew up in ... A bit of a free spirit leaning towards the AP style and probably not understanding of those in a leas fortunate circumstance.

    Either way I think she's a bit of a knob. Not sure why. The drop the baby while carry the phone thing doesn't help her 'perfect mature mother' image.
    So you disagree that boobs are for breastfeeding and that shutting a crying baby inside a room is abnormal? I really don't care either way - it's one womans opinion opinion on parenting. We all have 'em (opinions that is!)

  4. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,705
    Thanks
    9,557
    Thanked
    12,687
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    So you disagree that boobs are for breastfeeding and that shutting a crying baby inside a room is abnormal? I really don't care either way - it's one womans opinion opinion on parenting. We all have 'em (opinions that is!)
    Boobs no, crying yes

  5. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,747
    Thanks
    5,085
    Thanked
    8,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Boobs no, crying yes
    Well there you go - you and Peaches agree on something! Ya big hippie

  6. #145
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,290
    Thanks
    2,377
    Thanked
    903
    Reviews
    72
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She was asked her OPINION on what AP meant.
    She even said it's not FOR ME, she didn't say it's not for everyone.
    Nowhere did I hear anything about judging another's parenting.
    She also said that feeding her children regurgitated food a la Alicia Silverstone wasn't for her either but no-one is up in arms about that being a "judgement."

    It was a 5 minute badly conducted interview with inflammatory questions and she answered them all well and respectfully.
    She would receive much more judgement than most being in the public eye, how many people here have commented on the pram incident even though it's not related at all!!

  7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

    Anjalee  (22-01-2014),Clementine Grace  (22-01-2014),DailyDiversion  (22-01-2014),Elijahs Mum  (22-01-2014),KaraB  (23-01-2014),Kishimojin  (22-01-2014),misskittyfantastico  (22-01-2014),peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-01-2014),smallpotatoes  (23-01-2014),Star81  (22-01-2014),SuperGranny  (24-01-2014)

  8. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,747
    Thanks
    5,085
    Thanked
    8,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSparkles View Post
    She was asked her OPINION on what AP meant.
    She even said it's not FOR ME, she didn't say it's not for everyone.
    Nowhere did I hear anything about judging another's parenting.
    She also said that feeding her children regurgitated food a la Alicia Silverstone wasn't for her either but no-one is up in arms about that being a "judgement."

    It was a 5 minute badly conducted interview with inflammatory questions and she answered them all well and respectfully.
    She would receive much more judgement than most being in the public eye, how many people here have commented on the pram incident even though it's not related at all!!
    I agree, it's pretty pathetic that we buy into this cr@p. There is no winner in the mummy wars.

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

    Anjalee  (22-01-2014),beebs  (22-01-2014),delirium  (22-01-2014),KaraB  (23-01-2014),peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014)

  10. #147
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,705
    Thanks
    9,557
    Thanked
    12,687
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Well there you go - you and Peaches agree on something! Ya big hippie
    I'm confused but I'll give ya a high-5 anyway!

  11. #148
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,747
    Thanks
    5,085
    Thanked
    8,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I'm confused but I'll give ya a high-5 anyway!
    Peaches has been criticised in this thread for saying that boobs are for breastfeeding. But I don't make much sense at the best of times, so just wave and smile at the crazy lady!

  12. #149
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It was never my intention to create a thread to criticise anyone. My gripe was the way Peaches referred to CC as basically leaving your baby to cry- there was no mention of the "controlled" part of the practice which involves constant reassurance and parental presence. For the record, I hate labels. I hate the mummy wars as well and my OP was in no way an attack on her parenting.
    Whether it was warranted or not, I did feel offended by her dismissal of CC as to me it came across like she was saying it was a wrong/unnatural thing to do. She said that.
    Anyway I think I've said my piece and given my 2 cents.

    "Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (23-01-2014),Purple Lily  (22-01-2014)

  14. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,747
    Thanks
    5,085
    Thanked
    8,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    It was never my intention to create a thread to criticise anyone. My gripe was the way Peaches referred to CC as basically leaving your baby to cry- there was no mention of the "controlled" part of the practice which involves constant reassurance and parental presence. For the record, I hate labels. I hate the mummy wars as well and my OP was in no way an attack on her parenting.
    Whether it was warranted or not, I did feel offended by her dismissal of CC as to me it came across like she was saying it was a wrong/unnatural thing to do. She said that.
    Anyway I think I've said my piece and given my 2 cents.

    "Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    I do understand where you're coming from but it was a very short interview, with very loaded questions, created to cause a stir (think Today Tonight/tabloid rubbish). That's why I was saying don't buy into it.

    If someone asked me what I thought about CC, I'd say it's not something I'd do or something I have done and that's a judgement call I made for my family, just like Peaches did. I'm sure a TV show and an editing team could have a field day with my answers and paint all sorts of pictures.

    It just all needs to stop but while we buy into it, while we keep feeding it, we get nowhere.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

    Anjalee  (22-01-2014),DailyDiversion  (22-01-2014),peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014),SuperGranny  (24-01-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. AP debate with Peaches Geldof and Katie Hopkins
    By Anjalee in forum Natural / Attachment Parenting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31-08-2014, 15:52
  2. Attachment Parenting Ipswich
    By BoobieJuiceMama in forum Natural / Attachment Parenting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-05-2013, 01:24
  3. What is attachment Parenting and Natural Parenting
    By ChaoticMummy in forum Natural / Attachment Parenting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 03:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Pea Pods Reusable Nappies
Pea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable and simple to use, Pea Pods keep your baby dry & happy. Visit our website to find your nearest stockist or order online.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!