+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Haven't read any replies. Peaches is a do-gooder hippy. I mean she's still a kid and she's called peaches for crying out loud...
    Are we now judging people with different names to the norm? A name she didn't choose?

She's 25 with 2 kids, sounds like a bit of judgement on young mothers too!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (22-01-2014),Lauzy  (22-01-2014),peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definition of CC in the Oxford dictionary; a technique for training young children to fall asleep on their own, in which the child is left to cry for gradually increasing periods of time before being comforted.
    It is not the same as CIO but I would assume that different parents have different definitions and limits for how long and loud they let their baby cry for?
    TBH Marigold and beebs I think you are in the minority for letting a tired whingey cry be the limit.

Peaches is also obviously from a different country so who knows whether the socially accepted definition there is different to here.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSparkles View Post
    Definition of CC in the Oxford dictionary; a technique for training young children to fall asleep on their own, in which the child is left to cry for gradually increasing periods of time before being comforted.
    It is not the same as CIO but I would assume that different parents have different definitions and limits for how long and loud they let their baby cry for?
    TBH Marigold and beebs I think you are in the minority for letting a tired whingey cry be the limit.

Peaches is also obviously from a different country so who knows whether the socially accepted definition there is different to here.
    Yes, that's what I meant.

Loads of people have cc, I'm pretty sure they all wouldn't do it the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Most people who do control crying, would find a source that shows you how to do it step by step wouldn't they? They wouldn't usually read the dictionary and just do it? My nanny at the time thought the CC route would benefit the twins. Because one of them would never sleep and the other was always woken by him which equalled two really overtired bubs who where both very grumpy. To be honest I'm not sure I would have done it if I was on my own, it was hard. But it really worked for us, so I'm glad we did.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinSparkles View Post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yes, that's what I meant.

Loads of people have cc, I'm pretty sure they all wouldn't do it the same?
    Of course, the same as anything I suppose, loads of people AP, but they are all different.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Missy RJ  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Haven't read any replies. Peaches is a do-gooder hippy. I mean she's still a kid and she's called peaches for crying out loud...
    Yeah because she chose her own name when she was a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The definitions (vague as they are) are the same in the UK as here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I still just object to her saying women are built to breast feed, that's what we're made for. I couldn't breast feed, now I feel like I have a faulty body that's not doing its job right. Thanks Peaches!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    I still just object to her saying women are built to breast feed, that's what we're made for. I couldn't breast feed, now I feel like I have a faulty body that's not doing its job right. Thanks Peaches!
    I can see why that would upset you. I had massive issues feeding DD2 and honestly, I feel my body failed me.

But, I can see what peaches is saying... How often do we hear that breasts are for feeding? Like I said earlier, every public BF thread that pops up on BH, someone says, what's the big deal, boobs are for feeding etc.

At the end of the day, breasts are for feeding.... Just like our bodies are made to give birth... But it doesn't always work out that way. My body failed me massively in the birthing department, but I still understand what a woman's body is meant to do. Not saying that woman are only here to have babies and feed, but you know what I mean. And I think that's what peaches was saying. She bottle feeds so she isn't looking down on people who don't BF!!!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Kishimojin  (22-01-2014),LotusMum  (22-01-2014),peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014),RobinSparkles  (22-01-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-01-2014),smallpotatoes  (22-01-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    If it were the other way around, and someone said something similar about attachment parenting, I am sure the AP parents would be really annoyed.
    And Peaches was annoyed in the other interview that has been spoken about in this thread (not the one my OP was based on) when her AP style was misleadingly described and mocked. She is doing the same now herself, even if her remarks were genuinely/innocently mistaken.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (22-01-2014)