+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 155
  1. #111
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If it were the other way around, and someone said something similar about attachment parenting, I am sure the AP parents would be really annoyed.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    This is the part that offended me.
    I waited all morning to watch the interview after hearing it advertised because I actually like her. Her talking about AP was lovely and her obvious love and adoration for her children is clear. She is not evil and I do not hate her- as I stated in my OP, I found her descriptons of what she wrongly referred to as Controlled Crying as misinformed.

    "Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

    Missy RJ  (22-01-2014),~Marigold~  (22-01-2014)

  3. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,696
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    This is the part that offended me.
    I waited all morning to watch the interview after hearing it advertised because I actually like her. Her talking about AP was lovely and her obvious love and adoration for her children is clear. She is not evil and I do not hate her- as I stated in my OP, I found her descriptons of what she wrongly referred to as Controlled Crying as misinformed.

    "Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    But everyone's definition of controlled crying is different. I even started a thread a while ago asking what everyone's definition was and everybody had a different idea.

    I really don't know what else to call it when you leave your baby to cry, then go in, leave again.

  4. #113
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,094
    Thanks
    1,386
    Thanked
    1,357
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't read all the replies but I watched the interview a few months ago and although peaches may not be completely accurate with her information, I have to say that that horrible ignorant Katie woman infuriated me more! She didn't come up with any facts or even try to! She just kept talking in circles and not actually making any sense. She acted completely immature and never said anything of value...

    I thought she was a complete embarrassment to herself.


    Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

  5. #114
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This thread is about a different interview, the link is a page or so back.

    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    I haven't read all the replies but I watched the interview a few months ago and although peaches may not be completely accurate with her information, I have to say that that horrible ignorant Katie woman infuriated me more! She didn't come up with any facts or even try to! She just kept talking in circles and not actually making any sense. She acted completely immature and never said anything of value...

    I thought she was a complete embarrassment to herself.


    Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (22-01-2014)

  7. #115
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    But everyone's definition of controlled crying is different. I even started a thread a while ago asking what everyone's definition was and everybody had a different idea.

    I really don't know what else to call it when you leave your baby to cry, then go in, leave again.
    Everyone's definition is wrong, controlled crying is one thing, Cry it out is completely different. And I am yet to meet someone who CC who thinks that CIO is a good idea. They are vastly different.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

    Missy RJ  (22-01-2014),Purple Lily  (22-01-2014),VicPark  (22-01-2014),~Marigold~  (22-01-2014)

  9. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,094
    Thanks
    1,386
    Thanked
    1,357
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    This thread is about a different interview, the link is a page or so back.
    Oh ok I'll go check it out now. Sorry


    Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (22-01-2014)

  11. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,757
    Thanks
    1,205
    Thanked
    2,112
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Haven't read any replies. Peaches is a do-gooder hippy. I mean she's still a kid and she's called peaches for crying out loud...
    Isn't she 23?
    Don't really see how her opinion is any less valid if she's a hippy or young??
    Last edited by Anjalee; 22-01-2014 at 17:20.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

    peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014)

  13. #118
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    She's almost 25 - I feel old!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Isn't she 23?
    Don't really how her opinion is any less valid if she's a hippy or young??

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,696
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Everyone's definition is wrong, controlled crying is one thing, Cry it out is completely different. And I am yet to meet someone who CC who thinks that CIO is a good idea. They are vastly different.
    Some people's views are go in after one minute, some people say go in after 5 minutes, some people say go in after 10 minutes etc. that's what I meant.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Generally you are supposed to start small and build it up. You leave them one, then if they are crying go in shush, pat etc. Then two, then three etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Some people's views are go in after one minute, some people say go in after 5 minutes, some people say go in after 10 minutes etc. that's what I meant.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (22-01-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. AP debate with Peaches Geldof and Katie Hopkins
    By Anjalee in forum Natural / Attachment Parenting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31-08-2014, 15:52
  2. Attachment Parenting Ipswich
    By BoobieJuiceMama in forum Natural / Attachment Parenting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-05-2013, 01:24
  3. What is attachment Parenting and Natural Parenting
    By ChaoticMummy in forum Natural / Attachment Parenting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 03:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Softmats
Softmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and Premium Bubba Mat™ range of floor spaces are the best quality in the world.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!