+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It is, but she also said CC was unnatural and wrong. Is that a nice way to talk about other peoples parenting styles?

Quote Originally Posted by LotusMum View Post
    See this is exactly what I mean when I say that because you are FOR something people automaticly assume you are against the opposite. She didn't say that people who arent doing AP dont love their babies, but isnt it a nice way to talk about how you choose to parent? Its just about loving my baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I just looked at the pram photos online, anyone can have an accident. I thought it was interesting that she kept holding the phone between her ear and shoulder though.
    She has actually explaijed that in an interview before that it was simply a relfex, I commented earlier in here that my son fell and hurt himself whilst I was taking a photo. I made sure I held onto my phone when I dove for him, because its a reflex to not drop it...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    I haven't read everything but this is coming from someone who dropped their baby on a footpath because she was on her phone.
    Wow yeh she's really attached
    Yep and she held onto the phone throughout too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly, I didn't think it was a terrible interview either, she seems like a nice enough girl. I just think she was lacking in tact a bit.
    I agree beebs I think she just tripped over her words a bit. Not overly offensive to me.

I found it funny when Jessica Rowe referred to her "boy and girl" and when Peaches corrected her she completely ignored her and kept talking! Funny

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-01-2014),peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing to read later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wanted to watch it before I commented. I didn't find her comments inflammatory. She was just talking about her approach to parenting her kids.

I get the impression she was referring to the more extreme cases where the baby is literally left alone and screaming without being comforted at all. I can see why an AP advocate would disagree with this kind of approach.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (22-01-2014),peanutmonkey  (22-01-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-01-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It is, but she also said CC was unnatural and wrong. Is that a nice way to talk about other peoples parenting styles?
    This is the part that offended me.
    I waited all morning to watch the interview after hearing it advertised because I actually like her. Her talking about AP was lovely and her obvious love and adoration for her children is clear. She is not evil and I do not hate her- as I stated in my OP, I found her descriptons of what she wrongly referred to as Controlled Crying as misinformed.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 22-01-2014 at 16:45.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-01-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    I wanted to watch it before I commented. I didn't find her comments inflammatory. She was just talking about her approach to parenting her kids.

I get the impression she was referring to the more extreme cases where the baby is literally left alone and screaming without being comforted at all. I can see why an AP advocate would disagree with this kind of approach.
    Yeah, but she called it "Controlled Crying". That was my whole point. I understand that she may have been referring to other more extreme practices, but that was the exact reason the interview annoyed me- her being in the public eye and voicing such assumptions.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Haven't read any replies. Peaches is a do-gooder hippy. I mean she's still a kid and she's called peaches for crying out loud...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    I haven't read everything but this is coming from someone who dropped their baby on a footpath because she was on her phone.
    Wow yeh she's really attached
    Ahahahahahahahahha!