+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did absolutely nothing for me, aside from distracting me - which I didn't want, as I was concentrating very hard on giving birth, so I gave up on it after a couple of goes. Had no other pain relief.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used it during dd1 and dd2's births- it was great! I only sucked on it when the contractions were building though, then just kept my teeth on the mouth piece and sucked in proper air when I felt the contractions were over the peak. It really helped me, I focused on getting the rattle of the machine going and since I didn't breathe in too much I still felt in control.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was all I used and it helped me get through labour, while allowing me to experience enough pain to produce my own endorphins as well. Initially I felt nauseous so asked for it to be turned down a bit and that was a good balance. It made most contractions bearable, but there were still 1 or 2 an hour that were so strong I felt the gas didn't touch those. But it took the edge off most of them. You must breathe it in as soon as you get pain until the end of the contraction if not it doesn't work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It made me vomit every time it was turned up but I really didn't care because it took the edge off contractions. I like the rattle it made as I could concentrate on that.

It also made me really drunk like loopy. I asked the midwives to come in the birth pool with me to have naked cuddle. :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Funnels For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (03-02-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just curious as to how many of you felt
    Nauseous? Nope
    Vomited ? Nope
    It helped with pain? Yes!!!
    Off your face? Nope but I did track it to long on one contraction and I had a bit of a loopy hallucination.

It was fab I am going to try it again next time

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    I used it during dd1 and dd2's births- it was great! I only sucked on it when the contractions were building though, then just kept my teeth on the mouth piece and sucked in proper air when I felt the contractions were over the peak. It really helped me, I focused on getting the rattle of the machine going and since I didn't breathe in too much I still felt in control.
    This is what I did too

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Vonnie89  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Made me feel drunk and nauseous and not in control. So I went for an epi and felt so much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Made me feel out of it....like I was drunk.
    It took the edge off the contractions but didn't make them completely pain free.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had heard too many stories about gas making people sick and tge midwives I saw all said it can make you feel sick or vomit. I didn't use the gas because I have a vomit phobia and freak out if I feel sick...not something I want to mentally be dealing with during labour. My last labour bubs heart beat kept slowing with every contraction and they kept losing it on the monitor (I was induced). So they popped me on oxygen while they did the scratch test on his head and put the clip on. The air made me feel pretty out of it but I think by that point I was exhausted and it wouldn't have taken much to make me feel that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. I may try a low dose with each contraction. But it's the nausea a vomiting that I know will distress me.