+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Off my face! I told my very proper mother about how her grandchild was conceived. She did not appreciate the information about her daughters sex life. They also took it off me as it stuffed up my breathing and pushing (ended up with a tear as I pushed out of sync with one of my contractions) and I begged like a druggie to get it back (and I didn't get it back). I also didn't realise that I had delivered my daughter even though I had just caught her and she was in my arms.

Truthfully, it made no difference to the sensation of the contractions. It might have helped with the stitches but by then I was meeting my baby and I didn't care what happened!

I have no idea how I ended up with it in my hand - I think the midwife put it in my hand as I started pushing (I was very suggestible). I didn't want it as we had done a calmbirth class and had been warned about how it interfered with breathing. But it all worked out in the end!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It didnt do anything at all for me. Was the only pain relief i asked for and didnt work so i just sucked up my pain as i didnt want an epidural or anything but ended up having to get one anyway

Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had it with ds1 but never really got the hang of breathing in and out of the tube.

I had it towards the end of ds2's labour as he was in distress and I had to get back on the bed on my back to be examined etc. think I only used it for the 10 or so mins in between getting on the bed and starting to push. I also used it when they were suturing me. That was the worst bit of labour!! I sucked on it like a mad woman and fainted. Didn't get it back after that!! I think the worst was over by then though. Prior to fainting it did help, also by giving me something to focus on other than what they were doing in between my legs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used it with Ds1 and there are whole chunks of labour I don't remember. I don't know if I was sleeping or just out of it. Helped with the pain for a while. I ended up with an epi though.

I used it also with ds2 but only when the dr was giving me a local for stitches. He missed a bit, so I felt them (it was awful) but the gas helped

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a long first labour and it really helped with me breathing otherwise I would hold my breath, it was also awesome to chomp on! It was pretty good for the pain until the last stages of labour and made me feel a little bit out of it. It was taken off me when I started pushing though which I think was good.
    My second labour was a bit different, it went pretty fast until I got to 9cms then it stalled which is when I started the gas. This time it made me feel really out of it and drunk but in an out of control way. Between the gas and everything else I sort of lost it at this point. Again it was taken off me when pushing.
    I didn't have it again for my third labour because of the out of control feeling and with my fourth labour I asked for it but by the time it was set up and put next to me I took one look at it and decided it was going to make me vomit and I didn't want it anymore, I was pushing a few minutes later anyway .
    Last edited by TableDancer; 22-01-2014 at 11:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Made me feel like l had a few drinks - which was fine, but by the end l took too much and it made me vomit

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used it both times. First time I think I started too late as I had been going all day by then and it was such a relief I sucked really strongly on that tube I got really high. Second time I used it much more judiciously as each contraction started and off as soon as it eased off. Not high but a little relaxed shall we say. No nausea for me. Definitely worth trying. Stopped me requesting an epi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it with my first induced labour... And while at the time, it did help it made me feel totally Out of it, which was a good thing at the time because I used it for a lil bit, went off with the pixies then could regroup...
    With my third I lost focus, as he didn't feel like he was in the right position to even be born yet... The midwife gave me the "gas and air" but didn't turn it on... Focusing my breathing and biting the mouth piece was all I needed as I was in transition anyway and it helped me from totally losing the plot... A few deep refocusing breaths and I bub was born 3 pushes later... I won't use it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only had it for stitches, but it made me feel drunk. It was quite good as I didn't really feel the stitches, though no idea what I would have thought during labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing.