+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It gave me something to concentrate on and helped with my breathing, asides from that I don't think it did much - certainly didn't take away the pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    I felt like it didn't do anything, but the midwives kept insisting I keep using it. I think the act of breathing it in and out gave me something to focus on. The epidural later helped more!
    Did they check that it was on? Mine wasn't turned in and they assured me that it was until they checked, flippes the switch on and then it was definitely working.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't have any trouble with it, the rattle gave me something to focus on during contractions and I don't think it got above 25-30% which I think is fairly low.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It made me lose the plot. I was crying uncontrollably because I thought I'd already had my baby and the nurses had taken him away. Never again!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

JR03  (29-01-2014)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With dd1 it made me vomit
    With dd3 I was so off my face it wasn't funny and once I got to 8cm it kind of stopped working

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have any experience with it during labour but I broke my hand in 3 different places quite badly a few years ago and was given it while they re-broke 2 of the bones as they had set in a bad position, it made me extremely dizzy and I felt completely out of it didn't do a lot for the pain but gave me something to focus on until I started projectile vomiting I chose not to use it during labour because of this

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used it for my first birth, just on half strength, found it was enough ti make me relax, but I think it gave me something to chew on more than anything

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    It sent me loopy. It was like my brain got stuck at the top of a contraction and wouldn't snap out of it (The pain).

Me + Him = Perfection born 05/11/12

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used it for ds2. I didn't like it. It progressed so no time for an epidural and he was posterior so extremely painful in the back. I asked for gas as I hadn't tried it before and really it made me feel so completely out of it! Every breath it was like my brain was zinging and I felt so drugged. I hated it at the time but I wouldn't let them take it away from me either because it gave me something else to focus on I suppose. Then after I got stitched up I vomited everywhere! I wouldn't have it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    Did they check that it was on? Mine wasn't turned in and they assured me that it was until they checked, flippes the switch on and then it was definitely working.

Sent from my telecommunications device.
    Ha! I was convinced mine was turned off and was sucking so hard on it. I told DH to try it - he went into la la land for a while, was definitely on!

With DD the pain from contractions was making me climb the walls and vomit, gas calmed me right down.
    DS was induced early and i was given gas when they were breaking my waters, didn't feel a thing after 3 unsuccessful painful attempts. I love it!