+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone have thermomix buyers remorse?

They are so expensive and I already have blender, food processor, pots pans etc. is this a waste of money? Does anyone own one but not really use it..?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Laralee11 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wonder the same thing! We have so many appliances (food processor, blender, slower cooker---the list goes on) and good quality pots and pans and we are pretty good about making things homemade so I wonder if I'd even use it.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope, had mine 3 years and still using it heaps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No remorse here. But I purposely avoided buying things like a food processor as I knew I would get a thermomix. I threw out old bread maker, egg cooker & blender.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm I guess I feel bad about getting rid of my perfectly good appliances. Are thermos harder to clean than they make out to be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No remorse. I definitely don't use it enough but I didn't replace any appliances (because I didn't have any).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I think they're a great product but mine hasn't changed my life or anything. If you're happy with the appliances you have then just don't get a thermy. I like its convenience but I still prefer to cook a lot of things long and slow on the stove and I don't really care for the varoma roasts or fish etc..but it's great for prep, sauces, stock concentrate, baking, bread, pastry etc...
    Many people absolutely LOVE them, so this is just my opinion.
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 22-01-2014 at 00:23.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't use nearly as much as some people do but what I do use it for I freekin love it.

I also don't have any if those other appliances though so I haven't had to get rid of anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was incredibly skeptical before I went to the demo and certain I wouldn't 'waste' that much money, but fast forward 6 months and knowing what I know now I reckon I'd pay 5 times that much and still think it was worth it. They are very easy to clean although from time to time I get something caught under the blades that needs a bit of a scrub but otherwise the whole thing goes in the dishwasher. I'm an absolute thermie 'cult' member now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have any buyers remorse food my thermie. I've had it just over 3 months. I had a really really old blender/blender mixmaster (it was probably older than me!!)
    I love thermie..I make our own bread and jams etc. No it hasnt made me a chef. ..I think I'm a pretty good cook anyway. But I do love that you can turn it on to cook dinner and walk away. I am still experimenting with the varoma but so far so good.
    I was worried about cleaning it but it's really very easy. Much easier than my mixer used to be. Sometimes dough gets stuck under the blades but it's quite easy to clean. Also you can put it in the dishwasher!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app