+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did weight have an impact on your TTC journey?

I am about 10kg up from when I fell pregnant with my DS.. We are TTC & it is taking longer than last time.

So my question is in your experience did your weight have an impact on your ability to fall pregnant? Did you lose weight & fall pregnant after trying unsuccessfully? Or di you feel your weight had nothing to do with it?

Just interested in others experiences. (& possibly hoping your answers motivate me to lose some kg!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No one?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes I think it makes a difference. Every time I've conceived it's been when I was at my fittest and healthiest. I also think it's a good idea concentrating on these things while TTC because it's something you have a bit of control over, and takes your mind off things! But yes it definitely made a difference to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Nope. I have never been in a healthy weight range when ttc (according to bmi) and I have had 5 pregnancies (only 3 children alive, though) in 7 years.

I am super fertile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't think so. I was 60kg when I fell pregnant with ds1 on the pill. I was 75kg when I fell pregnant with ds2, he took a year to make, I was 75kg when I fell pregnant with dd too, she took 4mths to make.

(68kg is the healthy weight for my height)
    Last edited by IndigoJ; 22-01-2014 at 05:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hasn't made a difference to me. I'm about 25kg overweight and have conceived first month everytime we've tried (4 times)... It definitely can't hurt to lose weight though, even if it gives you something else to focus on than ttc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm about 6kg more than when we conceived with DS, we got pregnant first time. This time 4 months and no bfp yet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I spent a good year getting fit and healthy before TTC (I wasn't overweight before but was unfit) and fell pregnant the second month. I believe it would have made a difference but of course no way of knowing.

It certainly helped me after he was born though as I bounced back physically very quickly, and got back down to a normal weight quickly albeit a few kgs more then pre-baby which I'm fine with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a few kgs above my ideal weight according to bmi, fell pregnant first month of trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I started at 60kg when I fell pregnant with DD1 and by the time I had DD4 I was 117kg. I had no problems conceiving but I do blame the weight gain for my high blood pressure with my last 2 pregnancies.
    We are planning baby #5 and have been dropping my weight to prepare for it.