+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you/have you lived in the Blue Mountains of NSW?

If so, please tell me about the good and bad. We're strongly considering a move there (from Sydney) and would love to hear feedback. We're thinking in specific Hazelebrook (for a school). Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I lived at Bathurst for almost 2 years.
    I hated it, didn't know anyone and there was NOTHING to do apart from bowling or pools unless you were into sports. My daughter wasn't.

It's relaxing though but we were driving to Sydney every two weeks so moved back.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ~BEXTER~ For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not sure where in the Blue Mountains she lives, but a member from eons ago moved there and sent her kids to the school I'm pretty sure you are thinking of.

I'm not sure if she made any threads about it but it might be worth searching MountainGirl to see?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Blue mountains is great, awesome country atmosphere with city convenience. DS lives that way & loves it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am looking at this area too - I know it is an old post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We moved to Katoomba 3 years ago and love it. The community is fantastic, really nice people. The schools are awesome, and the housing is WAY better than anything in Sydney. We love it here. We bought a cheap little cottage on a great block in Katoomba, and are now about to knock it over and build again. It is that worth it to us. PM me if you want to know more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have loads of friends living in the mountains and all love it...but, some of my friends have concerns their children are growing up in a pretty "white, middle-class, conservative" environment. There are some "alternative" (lefty ) people living up there! I guess it depends on which part of the mountains you live.

Depending on what job you do, it can be hard to find one up there and if you have to commute, it can be time consuming.

It's fecking cold! LOL