+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    I don't feel there is anything wrong with those 2 answers. Most people work to earn money and an employee interested in keeping currency is great. Honesty is a good value.
    I hope so. I was genuine in all my responses. I'm sure they could see that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    No way would I decline! 80c an hour only equals $32 a week less based on 40hrs, it's hardly make or break
    I agree. But we have bern on such a tight budget this week and last week $32 would pay for a bit for us. Position is only 12 hours a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fingers crossed for you - sounds like it went well.
    It depends on the hiring manager but I wouldn't take the money part of it badly. Everyone has different motivation, if you're the sole bread winner while DH is studying, you're not going to up and leave on a whim are you?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to #Mama For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by #Mama View Post
    Fingers crossed for you - sounds like it went well.
    It depends on the hiring manager but I wouldn't take the money part of it badly. Everyone has different motivation, if you're the sole bread winner while DH is studying, you're not going to up and leave on a whim are you?
    Lol nope. If anything it's good experience. 1st interview in about 5 years. They asked for references so I guess that's a good sign? Or is that automatic now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's fairly standard now unfortunately. Give your references the heads up to expect a call though - make their life easy if they do call them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to #Mama For This Useful Post:

ProudMumma34  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have. Oh well nothing I can do now. I won't be upset if I didn't get it. Tbh I nearly canceled it because I feel really guilty leaving my son. But I know Centrelink payments won't be enough so I have to work somehow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't heard anything yet. Tbh I don't think I want it anymore. It's in the city and although it's only a 6 hour job my day would work out to be a 9 hr day. So even if it was offered to me I think I'll decline. The days or hours aren't flexible at all. But I guess part of me was keen because we do need the money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's pretty poor form not to have gotten back to you. I'm sure the right job will come along. Treat it as a chance to get your feet wet again, and practise your interviewing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks #mama. I still haven't heard back. Find it hard to believe they haven't made their decision yet. So I'm assuming I didn't get it. It's ok I'm not upset. It is a good learning experience. I would've been happy with a standard rejection letter from HR.

There is soooo much out there but not suitable to my needs. Only want 2 days a week, yet the hours for part-time vary so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Some great tips in here. I've just put in an application and if I am successful to progress to the next round, than it'll likely be a phone interview.

I don't think there's anything wrong with honest about why you want the job.

My biggest interview tip would be- imagine the people who are possibly going for the job, and try to work out why they would hire you over them. It's a selling point- you have to be worth more than others.