+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And no selection criteria which I'm thankful for! I'll make sure I'm familiar with the job description too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Interview tips

I interview people daily as part of my job - HR and recruitment and my best tips are:
    Get there on time, aim for 5-10 mins early. It throws everyone's day off if you rock up 30 mins early, even if you're happy to cool your heels in reception for a while.
    Dress carefully, and for the role you're applying for. If its a professional role - dress accordingly.
    Be nice to the admin staff/reception team. I always ask them what their impressions are of someone, how they spoke to them etc. Funnily enough I've been covering for the receptionist a few times when I have had candidates arrive for an interview, and they have been downright rude and dismissive of me - UNTIL the receptionist returns and I get up to usher them into the interview room! Ha ha.
    Know the job. Know the company. Know what job you're interviewing for for goodness sake. Ha ha.
    If you're not confident - fake it til you make it! A good way to improve your confidence is to be willing to engage in a little small talk with the hiring manager before launching into the interview if they're open to it. Helps you establish a rapport and be more comfortable with them.
    I don't think 80c per hour is that big a deal, I certainly wouldn't turn a job I wanted down based on that!
    Best of luck

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to #Mama For This Useful Post:

ProudMumma34  (21-01-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (22-01-2014),~BEXTER~  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for those extra tips #mama. I have an upperhand as I've been with the organization for 8 years and I can use their main administrative system quite well too. Just a few extra functions I'd need to learn. I'm worried about those "what would you do in this situation" questions. But I've got good examples to use from my previous role.

Can't believe ppl would be that rude to use just because they thought you were the receptionist! Some of the best work relationships I've built have been with the receptionists of places!

I'll update tomorrow.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No tips, just wanted to wish you luck for your interview tomorrow. I hope it goes well and you get the job. Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to new mum 15809 For This Useful Post:

ProudMumma34  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks new mum!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interview went well. Standard situatuon questions..strengths etc. Will know next monday yay or nay. I'm just going to forget about it because they have been interviewing all week. If it's meant to bw its meant to be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Think I may have been too honest though with one question...what interested me in the role. I said financial as my husband is returning to study lol. Also to keep my skills current. Woops

Thanks
    Reviews
    They would've found out from my previous manager anyways

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't feel there is anything wrong with those 2 answers. Most people work to earn money and an employee interested in keeping currency is great. Honesty is a good value.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

ProudMumma34  (22-01-2014),~BEXTER~  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    Ok looks like I was a bit off. It's only 80 cents less per hour. Would you decline a job for 80 cents less an hour?
    No way would I decline! 80c an hour only equals $32 a week less based on 40hrs, it's hardly make or break

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

ProudMumma34  (22-01-2014)