I am desperately looking for some help regarding my DD (aged 9 months). She has not really slept AT ALL for over three weeks and it is really starting to take a toll on me and my DH. We are both completely exhausted, stressed and cranky.
Here is what's happening:
- She was sleeping 7pm - 6am but getting up twice a night for a feed
- At nearly 8 months we stopped the over night feed
- She was then sleeping 7pm - 4am and DH could resettle at 4am
- Now we put her to bed at 7pm and she usually needs patting to sleep (can take up to 1 hour). Usually she wakes at least once within the next two hours and will need to be resettled.
- She then sleeps till about 12. At this time she wakes up and needs us to pat her to sleep. If we try and leave the room (even when she seems to be in a deep sleep) or lift our hands from the cot, she wakes and needs to be resettled again.
- If we do manage to get her to sleep and leave the room, she then wakes within 30 minutes and we have to do it all again.
- This continues until 5am (ish) when she won't resettle in her cot and we bring her into us for a feed (and hopefully an extra hour sleep)
Other info: she is breastfed and having solids; she doesn't have a dummy or other sleeping aid; we don't think it's teething (and panadol/nurofen/bonjela doesn't help anyway); she doesn't seem to be sick/in pain; we offer her water but she doesn't seem thirsty.
She has up to three (short) day naps but needs to be patted to sleep for each of them (which can take up to half an hour).
We haven't tried CC or CIO because I feel too guilty (but DH thinks we might need to try).
Any help would be greatly appreciated - we cannot keep going like this. We are not getting any sleep (max 1 -3 hours each a night) and it is making us crazy!!!