+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Obstetricians and Mitcham Private Hospital

Hi ladies,

I've been TTC my #2 for just over a year now and I thought I better start getting my act on looking into hospitals and Ob's.

I'm moving into the area in 2 months time and from what I have researched through old forum's I like the sound of Mitcham Private Hospital, but have no idea, out if their list of Ob's who is any good.

Can any of you help with recommendations and feedback please on the Ob's and I wouldn't also mind hearing if your experience at Mitcham. I have got PHI, but I am hoping not to spend more than my first Ob, she was $3500 and want even present at the birth, the midwives delivered me. granted my DD came 2 weeks early.

Thanks ladies, look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kk77,

How did you go? Have you done more research and chosen an obstetrician yet?

I had DD almost a year ago at Mitcham. It's a really great hospital, very quiet and calm and the nurses are lovely and supportive. I definitely recommend it.

I had Dr Serag Youssif who was pretty good throughout the pregnancy (though sometimes waited an hour to see him). On the day DD was born my waters broke but hadn't started active labour. I went into Mitcham and my OB said that I had to be induced (which I disagreed with but eventually went along) and ended up with an e-csec. He is an excellent surgeon, minimal scar, no infection, healed well etc. I would definitely book him if I was having another csec but in an ideal world would like to try for a vbac so not sure what I'll do next time around.

As I said though, definitely recommend Mitcham. We had a double room and my husband stayed with me and visitors came and went constantly with no complaints at all from the staff. And the food is pretty good
    Also went back to Mitcham sleep school which was so helpful so we must have liked it

Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi StefKat,

Thanks for the follow up. I did do a lot of research about Obs and the hospitals and good that I did, cause funnily enough, about three days later I got a +HPT!!! Really took me by surprise as had no symptoms whatsoever at the time. I have decided to go with Dr Peter Tang. I had my first appointment with him the other day. He seems very nice although there were a couple of moments I couldn't understand what he was asking me due to his accent.

As for hospital, I will be going with Mitcham, mostly due to the positive feedback I have had and also as its closer to where our new home is. I think also the fact I read they had an afternoon tea cart probably helped put that extra tick next to the box (cheeky, indeed).

I'll keep your Ob in mind, if I find that things aren't quite working with my Dr.