+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Talking New here and trying for baby number 1!

Hi,
    I'm new here and new to everything baby related. My husband and I have just started trying early this month. I'm so excited, but oh so scared!!
    As it's our first we're not telling anyone we're trying just incase, so it would be nice to have people on here to talk to about it!
    I've had a bit of a look around so far, but I couldn't find anywhere that explains the terms used (I know some like TTC, but what's AF?), would be good to know haha!
    Anyway, glad to find this forum and hope I'll be posing some good news soon!
    Chrissy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chrissy,

Welcome, I am new here too. You are my first post actually.

I too and trying to concieve with my first. Unfortunately it hasn't been smooth sailing and I start IVF with ICSI later this month. Due to this reason we aren't exactly keeping things quiet. By no means am I posting it on facebook either but close family and friends and work collegues are aware of the situation.

I know around here has a thread about the different abbreviations but now I'm trying to find it it wont appear. I googled "fertility abbreviations" though and found a few web sites that have them.

AF is Aunt Flo (aka your periods).
    BFN - big fat negative ( not pregnant)
    BFP - big fat positive (pregnant)

The list goes on....

Goodluck for your pregnancy quest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! I ended up googling and found most too.
    Not good to hear that it hasn't been too easy for you so far, hopefully all will go well with your IVF though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls...

I'm new to bubhub too!! Been trying for 3 months.... Just got back a positive test result!! I have tested a few days early tho... So trying to contain my excitement! Very nervous, excited and scared too!!

ohh thanks for the tip on the abbreviations..... I was a little confused!!

best of luck to you girls... Keep positive and fingers crossed!!