+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Only brand snob with quilton unscented toilet paper its $6 for 12 rolls at kmart. Also coon 1kg cheese block. Otherwise I'm very flexible with everything. As long as it's got no nasties in it and is aust made (as much as possible) then I buy whats on special. But soft drinks I'll switch between coke and Schweppes.
    Last edited by ProudMumma34; 21-01-2014 at 20:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not really but I generally don't by "home brand" stuff because I don't like the look of the packaging! Haha.. Do by woolworths select though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I guess I'm a brand preferrer (I wouldn't say snob).

I'd give any home brand product a try but I have vowed never to buy home brand cling wrap or foil again. The dispensers are just always rubbish!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wouldn't say brand snob but definatly buy the ones I prefer over others just because of price. Like I love love love my Weet-bix and coffee. Won't buy any other brand because I like the taste of sanitarium and Nescafé. But say in gravy wise I don't like gravox taste and buy the home brand stuff. So I guess I buy according to taste not price/brand. I want enjoy the things I eat or drink so I buy what I like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to be a big brand snob and I just wouldn't accept anything else. Then we had kids and went to a single income (and a very small once since Dh started an apprenticeship) and suddenly I had to budget and stick to it and it wasn't much to spend on food. I now buy things that I love but aren't necessarily name brands. I mostly buy Aldi stuff and am very happy with most things there. Their version of tim tams are amazing and so much cheaper then the originals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes.
    Tea bags are Dilmah extra strength,
    Sanitary, Kotex U
    Yoghurt, Jalna vanilla or plain greek
    Milk, Dairy Farmers full cream or Paul's smarter white
    Toilet paper, Sorbent hypo allergenic
    Coffee Moccona classic freeze dried medium roast,
    Jarlsberg cheese
    Revitanail nail strengthener
    Cleaning and laundry products are mostly earth choice brand
    Finish for dishwasher cleaner and rinse aid
    Sard wonder stick for tough stains
    Oral b cross action toothbrushes in soft and macleans complete toothpaste in fresh mint

The list would probably go much longer, but that takes far too long. Most other things I have a few that I choose from depending on price.

I hate sending my fiancé to do the groceries, because he would just get all the no name brand stuff that I don't like and never purchase.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Just a quick qn: do earth choice still use palm oil? I used to use it a lot until I realised it was a main ingredient in their products... But it's been a few years now, they may have changed? Anyone know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They do but apparently don't source it from Borneo or Indonesia or any other areas where Orangutans are - the shop ethical guide still recommends it

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (22-01-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I certainly am... With everything. And there's a lot of things I will only buy a particular brand of. I won't buy any home brand/supermarket brands at all. I try really hard to buy Australian made or owned and avoid overseas products particularly food products labelled imported or made with imported products.

i sometimes have to endure select brand foods at mother inlaws, can always taste the different. Nothing compares to the original. Particular biscuits, select Tim tams.. Yuk
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 22-01-2014 at 14:33.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope. Only my body wash, Tim tams and shampoo/conditioner.

Everything else I get from aldi :-)